5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piece of Plastic on Bumper under MFT

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was just cleaning out the interior of my truck as well as my bed for a Paint Correction and Ceramic Coating tomorrow and noticed this piece of plastic on my rear bumper underneath my Multi-Function Tailgate.

Not sure if it’s from the bed, the rails, the Tailgate itself, somewhere near the License Plate, or just a random piece of plastic. Also noticed there’s a small rattle noise in the left side of the tailgate (another piece of plastic?). Everything still closes perfectly fine in either tailgate configuration. Maybe when I opened or closed it, it came off? Couldn’t find another piece like it or where it came off from.

I have the RamBox, BUG, and MFT; see signature for other info. Truck has less than 3,700 miles. Thoughts? Thanks guys!

96163981-943D-42BB-AD9B-125F2CAE273A.jpeg

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Solved: The Plastic Pieces were clips from the Top Trim of the Tailgate. A detailer removed it and placed a new one when it was in for scratch repairs from transport to the dealer. Must have broke off some clips and left them in the actual tailgate housing…weird. Dealer removed them all and made sure the new piece had unbroken clips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread