5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture of Tire Pressure Sticker for a Rebel

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm wondering if those are better tires than the GoodYear Duratrac's? less noisy?

The Falken AT3Ws get good reviews for traction, sidewall thickness, traction in bad weather conditions, pretty quiet for what they are, and did I mention traction?
Drawbacks: they're kinda heavy. Heavy heavy. Like "the tire you're running in a bigger size is still lighter" heavy.

Does that interfere with the mpg? I don't know, but I'd bet it does.
But I'm starting think I might switch to them and find out.
Hard to argue with good value, strength, and traction in all the environments I'd care about.

But honestly I have heard people describe the AT3Ws as pretty reasonable quiet.

U

User_3336

The Falken AT3Ws's are heavier than the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in a 275/65R18 ???

The Falken AT3Ws get good reviews for traction, sidewall thickness, traction in bad weather conditions, pretty quiet for what they are, and did I mention traction?
Drawbacks: they're kinda heavy. Heavy heavy. Like "the tire you're running in a bigger size is still lighter" heavy.

Does that interfere with the mpg? I don't know, but I'd bet it does.
But I'm starting think I might switch to them and find out.
Hard to argue with good value, strength, and traction in all the environments I'd care about.

But honestly I have heard people describe the AT3Ws as pretty reasonable quiet.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Falken AT3Ws's are heavier than the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in a 275/65R18 ???

In the rebel's stock size, it's 6.8lbs heavier, per tire.
54lbs to 60.8lbs

A Duratrac in 35.1in size x 11.2in wide, is 60lbs.

A Falken AT3W in the same size, a 34.8in x 11.2in wide, is 65.9lbs

If you were to lift/level a truck and go from stock rebel duratracs to a set of big ~35in AT3Ws, the jump would be 47.7lbs off the payload, Just under 12lbs per tire, assuming the stock wheels and you didn't go to heavier ones, and that you didn't put one on the spare tire.

According to basically everyone that's had them? They're awesome. The traction is awesome, the ride is quiet, they're great in the snow, and the value is good for what you get. The grip is good, and the sidewalls are thick. I'm strongly considering getting a set.
But I can't imagine adding 12lbs a tire in weight isn't going to mess with the mpg!

U

User_3336

Interesting. thanks for the comparisons. Either way, he's stuck with the Duratec's for a while.

menofalls

Reaction score
Anyone that has a recent (19-20) RAM REBEL, with the 18 inch tires and Goodyear Wrangler Duratec's PLEASE post a picture of the tire pressure sticker
in the door and post it.

Put Rebel wheels and Tires on a Tradesman, and don't have the proper psi's for reference.

View attachment 66716
Just did the same thing to my 21 white Laramie. 18" Rebel LT275/70-18. From what I read, sticker will show 35 to 55 psi. I felt comfortable at 40 psi. You have to keep in mind that the Rebel tires are LT's, and my original Laramie 22" were Goodyear all-season P285/45-22, which I kept at 38 psi. You can pick and choose what "Feels Good" to you as how you Light Truck tires (80 psi max) are handling on your vehicle, just don't over-think what you're trying to accomplish!

LouNY

Reaction score
The Falken Wildpeaks are available as a "C" range tire at 49 pounds of weight,
this is the factory tire on my 19 Laramie with 18's and spec'ed on the door tag to be 38 PSI.
C range WildPeak tires
The same size and pressure on all four corners as post #2 shows for the spare tire

Users who are viewing this thread