5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics wanted : aftermarket wheels/tires on stock suspension

Limbeck

Reaction score
Getting ready to order my Limited and I want to do 34/35” tires, too. I’ve been strongly considering adding the off road pkg to get the 1” of additional height... but I really like the height of yours, especially if that’s normal mode- so maybe I don’t need the 1”.

I’ve heard many talk about how much harsher the truck rides with the links and I’m concerned - I don’t want to lose that nice ride.... So, how does the ride compare to stock? How do you think the grapps affect ride quality?

I haven’t noticed a difference Personally in ride quality. Maybe it is but if it is i never thought about it yet. Still rides really smooth to me.

As far as the Off Road Group I wouldn’t do it if your gonna level. There is another thread somewhere on here that talks all about it. All it does is sets the normal ride 1” higher than normal but you only have OR1 setting on top of that. It eliminates OR2 mode so I don’t think you’ll be able to safely level the front with the after market links because you won’t have enough play in the suspension before getting warnings and malfunctions in the air system.

Right now I probably can’t put it in OR2 or maybe even OR1 although I haven’t tried. Leveling it is the exact look I want and I won’t need to use OR1 or OR2 now.

Also in order to get 35” tires you’ll have to have a high offset on the rim like +30-40. These tires I have are about 34.5” and don’t rub at all. They fit perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savagescott

Reaction score
I haven’t noticed a difference Personally in ride quality. Maybe it is but if it is i never thought about it yet. Still rides really smooth to me.

As far as the Off Road Group I wouldn’t do it if your gonna level. There is another thread somewhere on here that talks all about it. All it does is sets the normal ride 1” higher than normal but you only have OR1 setting on top of that. It eliminates OR2 mode so I don’t think you’ll be able to safely level the front with the after market links because you won’t have enough play in the suspension before getting warnings and malfunctions in the air system.

Right now I probably can’t put it in OR2 or maybe even OR1 although I haven’t tried. Leveling it is the exact look I want and I won’t need to use OR1 or OR2 now.

Also in order to get 35” tires you’ll have to have a high offset on the rim like +30-40. These tires I have are about 34.5” and don’t rub at all. They fit perfect.

How do you like the ridge grapplers? Ride? Road noise?

Do you have any pics directly from the side?

Limbeck

Reaction score
How do you like the ridge grapplers? Ride? Road noise?

Do you have any pics directly from the side?

So far I love em. They look WAY better then any other all terrain or hybrid tire. From my experience they are just as quiet as the stock tires and I think because I went from a 20” to an 18” rim the ride got smoother. I’ve only had the tires for about 48 hrs but first impression is 10/10

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Won’t the +30-40 offset make that wide tire too close to the suspension?

Limbeck

Reaction score
Won’t the +30-40 offset make that wide tire too close to the suspension?

If the tire is wide enough I’m sure it will. I’ve heard of guys putting 35”x12” tires and just had a little rubbing but it’s hard to say. There’s a milking different tire height, tire width, rim width, offset, etc. only way I knew this setup would fit is I saw another limited do it so I just copied him lol.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the tire is wide enough I’m sure it will. I’ve heard of guys putting 35”x12” tires and just had a little rubbing but it’s hard to say. There’s a milking different tire height, tire width, rim width, offset, etc. only way I knew this setup would fit is I saw another limited do it so I just copied him lol.

I love the look of yours but I want even bigger rims... The tire I want to put on measures out to like 35.9 and about 11.5 wide. I am thinking a 0 offset is about where I will need to be

Limbeck

Reaction score
I love the look of yours but I want even bigger rims... The tire I want to put on measures out to like 35.9 and about 11.5 wide. I am thinking a 0 offset is about where I will need to be

That might be a stretch but hey try it why not

Jcall724

Reaction score
2019 rebel aftermarket wheels and tires. Just got them put on the other day wanted a more aggressive wide stance that this truck deserves.

Attachments

• 7FE06FCC-B17C-43AD-B37E-205B58F8129E.jpeg
    7FE06FCC-B17C-43AD-B37E-205B58F8129E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 9606227A-F820-4E1D-8683-00F3F251A0B7.jpeg
    9606227A-F820-4E1D-8683-00F3F251A0B7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • 7A2CAC99-1F8F-41BF-9604-20C21ACC2154.jpeg
    7A2CAC99-1F8F-41BF-9604-20C21ACC2154.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 140

Users who are viewing this thread