5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my deleted exhaust & wrap to rid some of the tone

EXQQQME

Reaction score
I did the exhaust delete, then wrapped the pipe with fiberglass header wrap. This helped get some of the "tone" out of the cab.

Attachments

• 20190729_164354.jpg
    20190729_164354.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190729_164419.jpg
    20190729_164419.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 103

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which exhaust delete did you do?

Also, not pickin on ya or anything, but curious as to why the front section isn't wrapped as neatly as the rear? Just start running out of tape?

cipherbreak

Reaction score
Why go this route vice getting an actual tuned muffler system? Seems like an inelegant solution.

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Which exhaust delete did you do?

Also, not pickin on ya or anything, but curious as to why the front section isn't wrapped as neatly as the rear? Just start running out of tape?
Lol,, no problem. Because it was the last section and I was getting low on wrap and I was starting to itch from laying under it as I wrapped it. Hope that makes sense

EXQQQME

Reaction score
Lol,, no problem. Because it was the last section and I was getting low on wrap and I was starting to itch from laying under it as I wrapped it. Hope that makes sense
Oh and did the common one. Ordered it off of Amazon. I cut out the original muffler and bolted up the pipe. EASY job!! Adding the photo of the one I brought. Fits like a glove Screenshot_20190730-012009_Amazon Shopping.jpg

KingRebel

Reaction score
I ordered the same one but was too loud for the family. The drone in the cabin at certain rpm is pretty loud (Personal opinion. May not be for others).

Just put the original muffler back today. Maybe I’ll go with B2’s MF version at some point.

But the wrap, pretty intuitive workaround I must say. Good luck with it!

Oh and did the common one. Ordered it off of Amazon. I cut out the original muffler and bolted up the pipe. EASY job!! Adding the photo of the one I brought. Fits like a glove View attachment 32194

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online