5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pickupzone Hard Folding Cover Info?

JCK_25

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the Pickupzone Hard Flip Folding cover? Looks like it has similar benefits to the more premium priced models (BAKFLIP & Undercover Flex) at a sub-$700 price point which seems too good to be true. Images are lacking on the locking mechanism and drainage channels. Some reviews mention rails are about 1/2" too short. Does anyone have experience with this cover? Screenshot_20220206-112139_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone here can give you a review on it. I have no experience with this cover. But I do have experience with trying to save money and buying cheaper knock-off products. Sometimes it works out. But most of the time I ended up not being happy with the knock-off product, and I usually end up just buying the name brand product anyway. Often I wasn't able to return the knock-off product so in the end I ended up spending a lot more than I would have if I'd just bought the name brand product in the first place. I'm not saying you won't be happy with this cover. And if it's worth the risk then by all means buy it. At this point in my life I'd rather just pay a little more and get the real thing from a reputable seller. Amazon seems to have a pretty good return policy, but I've had issues with doing that too.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$700 is still steep. I’d stick with the well known name brand covers. Lomax, backflip, undercover etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bocco

Reaction score
I have a Backflip and I am not impressed with their quality. My prop rods were not mounted the same on each on each side rail. They sent new ones with the same problem. I ended up having to cut one prop rod shorter to make it work.

JCK_25

Reaction score
I have a Backflip and I am not impressed with their quality. My prop rods were not mounted the same on each on each side rail. They sent new ones with the same problem. I ended up having to cut one prop rod shorter to make it work.
That's what I was seeing too. Almost all the more "premium" options had a consistent complaint w/them. I'd rather spend half as much and then replace with whatever new technology comes out in the next 3 or 4 years. Thanks for the review!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

damram

Reaction score
Rough Country makes a folding hard cover that meets this same price point. I think I’ll give it a try eventually, but I’m in no rush.

Users who are viewing this thread