5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking up new truck in a few hours- upgrade ideas?

Steve Brucher

Reaction score
New to this site! I am picking up a Big Horn Crew Cab shortly and want to get some opinions from some owners who have done mods to their trucks. I have already had the hard Tonneau cover, bed rails, organizer, bed light, All weather mats and wheel well liners installed. I'm thinking a bed rug next. My main question is the consensus on what to do to the stock Alpine sound system. My custom built sound system days are over but I would like better all around sound. I am thinking replacing the dash speakers and rear door speakers and possibly doing something with the sub. I read every post on this forum and would like to hear back from some guys about specifics they used and what they would or wouldn't have done differently please. The next thing is exhaust also. I have looked at the Carven, Borla, Flowmaster and Magnaflow systems. Is one better than the other from a sound both inside and outside as well as the dreaded drone? Thanks in advance. This is my first Dodge after 17 Fords!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new Ram!!!! Glad to have you aboard. Lots of info on speaker stuff on here!! People know there stuff and done some solid upgrades with great success.
Exhaust and other mods also

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Welcome to the ram family!! I'd recomend doing a quick search on youtube to hear how the different exhausts sound for yourself. Nice spec'd truck BTW

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats! You'll love it.

Aftermarket sub makes a solid improvement! Be sure to read up on the Accessories thread about speaker replacements and subwoofer thread here. Those two seem to cover most of it.

PAC Amppro is an easy install to get a signal to amps and sub. I'd recommend that route.

Users who are viewing this thread