5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked Up The 24 Today. Few Questions

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t you need to be ex military to get loans through them?
If so, I am talking mere pleb rates. Being ex military is not a fair comparison as they always get ridiculously low rates
Yep, I'm retired Navy. They have expanded their memberships though. You can even be the grandchild of a service member now and get in. And if you are a member, your spouse and children can join, even if you never served.

ZWilson07

Reaction score
There may have been some creative numbers by the dealer. Great to have a low payment and all, but your payments literally took nothing off the residual. It would not have made sense for you to buy the truck.
My residual was $36k and I put zero down.

Leases can get very creative at times it seems. I don’t put money down for that reason as they can make the money just disappear with the whisp of a pen on paper.
Correct. My residual was $36,943.50. Plus two payment left, plus $350 buyout fee, plus property tax from the last couple years put my buyout at $39,xxx. Plus sales tax, going out of warranty, having to buy an extended or go without warranty, buy new tires, interest rates in 6-8% range; the idea of it all just made me sick.

I went back and edited the post to include some more information if interested. Ain't that the truth about leases being "creative" by the dealer and its crazy how much they can do on their end to make a deal go through for a customer if they choose to. I don't like having to put much down and as you mentioned in a stroke of pen or a wreck totaling the truck within the first few months can definitely leave you with eating a few grand. It was a calculated risk that "seemed" to work out on the 21 considering the parameters I gave myself to work within. I hope I am as fortunate with this one.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Ok, your prior post said residual was $56k range. If it was $36k, then maybe more palletable, but to get a lower payment you either add more cash, or get the vehicle cheaper.

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Ok, your prior post said residual was $56k range. If it was $36k, then maybe more palletable, but to get a lower payment you either add more cash, or get the vehicle cheaper.
I apologize, I should have worded it better. I am using my wife's laptop and I can't stand to type on it. It autocorrects and constantly causes me issues. By residual terminology, I was implying that was the residual percentage that was being offered at the time for the specific model/terms/mileage, not the dollar amount for the agreed upon residual at end of lease.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
To me the biggest item, between my last truck and this one (similarly equipped) is the lack of fender flares. I've had the truck since late Sept, and I still miss them every time I look at it..........
anyone got a good recommendation for aftermarket painted flares..................:)
I know late response so your question might already have been answered but I purchased paint matching bushwacker OE flares. Had them installed the other day they don’t look to bad paint match was perfect.

mplaramie

Reaction score
I know late response so your question might already have been answered but I purchased paint matching bushwacker OE flares. Had them installed the other day they don’t look to bad paint match was perfect.
Pics? Been thinking about adding them too.

Magredvet

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the tip, they look good.
Who did you buy them from, as the only vendor I can find, only carries them in ivory pearl tricoat.

Halfpint81

Reaction score
Who did you buy them from, as the only vendor I can find, only carries them in ivory pearl tricoat.
i live in Canada and bought them from
But I also bought them before Christmas so probably about 2-3 months ago

Halfpint81

Reaction score

Rebond

Reaction score
I too am shopping for a 24 to replace my 21 Limited. I do notice the lack of "options" in the 24s if that makes sense, like RAM took things away. I just assume it is a supply thing were they cannot get certain things at this time.
It's shrinkflation, just like our drinks and food we all buy. They've reduced the items in certain packages, which used to be included.

If you bring up window stickers on Jeeps and Rams from 2020-2024, you can see the differences and gradual higher cost for the same options.

Magredvet

Reaction score

Halfpint81

Reaction score
K thanks again, checked there, but still no Delmonico Red. Guess I need to buy the unfinished ones, and have them painted.
Yeah I noticed that when I searched through the options available but yes it looks like you can buy a set and have them painted to match, sorry I couldn’t be more help

Magredvet

Reaction score
Well I just saw a 24 Bighorn BTS edition in a local dealer that has the factory flares.............. I thought they were not available to order ? Or can you only get them on the BTS editions ? anyone know for sure ? ........too late now, but just curious:unsure:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just saw a 24 Bighorn BTS edition in a local dealer that has the factory flares.............. I thought they were not available to order ? Or can you only get them on the BTS editions ? anyone know for sure ? ........too late now, but just curious:unsure:
Flares are optional, and part of the Off Road Package

Users who are viewing this thread