5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked Up The 24 Today. Few Questions

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Just picked up the 2024 today; bitter sweet. Miss my sport already but unfortunately the packages for 2024 mixed with availability and lease constraints made it to where I just had to accept the facts and be thankful for what I got.

Few questions. I noticed my 21 Laramie Sport had a few different things on it versus the 24. My 21 scuff panels were polished with RAM lettering where as my 24 Laramie Night just has solid black with no writing. The 21 radio surround and door panel surrounds were more of a gloss black where as the 24 has more of a gray color with line design. The 3rd brake light design also looks completely different on the 24 vs the 21 but I have seen a few 24's with the same design as the 21. So I dont know if this is function of 24 being different than 21 or if the sport package that is not available on the 24 is what caused the differences. At first I thought that it might be a year or package change but the black one below is a 2024 with Night Package and has what I am almost positive I had on the 21.

My 21 had air ride on it versus the 24 is coil spring but seems like the coil spring truck is the same height as the air ride was in "aero" mode. I would think the coil truck would be the same as the air in "normal" mode considering neither one had the off road package.

Any thoughts?

My 24 third brake light
light1.jpg

This third brake line design is on a 24 and was like what I had on the 21.

light.jpg

Interior difference on the 24

interior.jpg interior 1.jpg scuff.jpg

21 Laramie Sport vs 24 Laramie Night Package
2021.jpg 2024.jpg

Last edited:

Nova

Reaction score
The LED third brake light like you had only comes on trucks equipped with the rear view mirror camera, I believe. The other variant that you have now is the standard third brake light with bulbs, on trucks without the mirror camera.

ZWilson07

Reaction score
The LED third brake light like you had only comes on trucks equipped with the rear view mirror camera, I believe. The other variant that you have now is the standard third brake light with bulbs, on trucks without the mirror camera.
Ah that makes sense as my 21 had the technology package and the 24 doesn't. I couldn't wait to get the heads up display and such on the 21 but after having it a couple years, I hardly ever used it.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I too am shopping for a 24 to replace my 21 Limited. I do notice the lack of "options" in the 24s if that makes sense, like RAM took things away. I just assume it is a supply thing were they cannot get certain things at this time.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I looked at 24’s as well and decided to buy out my 21 due to pricing and terrible lease rates.
I wouldnt say there is a lack of options at all. Just maybe your dealer did not order higher optioned trucks is all.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I looked at 24’s as well and decided to buy out my 21 due to pricing and terrible lease rates.
I wouldnt say there is a lack of options at all. Just maybe your dealer did not order higher optioned trucks is all.
how did your buyout go? decent rate? what company did you use, if you don't mind my asking?

ZWilson07

Reaction score
Ironically I actually looked through your posts last night on my phone and noticed that since we had similar trucks and similar situations lol. I honestly miss mine but I just couldn't stomach effectively paying almost "double" the monthly payment for the same truck I have been paying for 3 years. Not to mention it was going out of warranty, was going to need new tires, interest rates are through the roof, etc.

I hear ya on the new lease rates. The mf and residual was actually pretty good on my 24 all things considered but it was certainly frusturating paying 7-8k more msrp for basically the same thing with less options. Both times with my trade in and a little bit down I was able to get out the door with high 400s a month as well as the dealer has been really good to me each time so I moved forward. I guess I should be thankful that I was able to get another new one and run this one until turn it in for a 27.

Magredvet

Reaction score
To me the biggest item, between my last truck and this one (similarly equipped) is the lack of fender flares. I've had the truck since late Sept, and I still miss them every time I look at it..........
anyone got a good recommendation for aftermarket painted flares..................:)

PM-Performance

Reaction score
how did your buyout go? decent rate? what company did you use, if you don't mind my asking?
Terrible rate, but the best for the times. Just a local Credit union.
I am skipping the dealer solely due to them adding doc fees and then telling me “ I have to use them” and challenged me to do it without them.
otherwise Chrysler Captial has been good with getting me the payoff info when I needed because they never contacted me to do their actual lease end stuff *shrug*

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Ironically I actually looked through your posts last night on my phone and noticed that since we had similar trucks and similar situations lol. I honestly miss mine but I just couldn't stomach effectively paying almost "double" the monthly payment for the same truck I have been paying for 3 years. Not to mention it was going out of warranty, was going to need new tires, interest rates are through the roof, etc.

I hear ya on the new lease rates. The mf and residual was actually pretty good on my 24 all things considered but it was certainly frusturating paying 7-8k more msrp for basically the same thing with less options. Both times with my trade in and a little bit down I was able to get out the door with high 400s a month as well as the dealer has been really good to me each time so I moved forward. I guess I should be thankful that I was able to get another new one and run this one until turn it in for a 27.

How did you lease a vehicle for $400’s a month?
Did you get a stripped vehicle and put $20k down? Lol

My 21 was all but $65k. I think the way the discounts went the deal was done on like $54k maybe for 12k and 36 months with 0 down and my lease was pretty killer at $565 a month and I have good equity at the end.

Leasing the same model with MUCH less options was quoted at almost $1100 a month lease for the same term and $1050 down.
Getting a Limited with a little more options than mine was quoted at almost $1400 a month on lease.
So on my side, while I hate paying more to buy it out monthly, I sure as **** was not paying double + monthly for the same or less options.
I’d rather pocket the delta and buy another boat or sports car

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Terrible rate, but the best for the times. Just a local Credit union.
I am skipping the dealer solely due to them adding doc fees and then telling me “ I have to use them” and challenged me to do it without them.
otherwise Chrysler Captial has been good with getting me the payoff info when I needed because they never contacted me to do their actual lease end stuff *shrug*
Yeah, not sure what's going on with Chrysler Capital. The website lease end option, and even the menu options when you call them both say you can get payoff amount through the website, it there is no option on website to get lease payoff amount. I called them last night to get current payoff amount to run some numbers. My lease ends in January, so will hold off another month and see if interest rates get better. If nothing else, I start a new job in a couple weeks, so my annual income will increase significantly.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Not sure what the increase has to do with rates, but I just sucked it up knowing I’ll just refi when rates go down, or I will buy new once things get back to normal.
The more we kick back and refuse to cave in on these stupid price and rate hikes, the more the people that decide them will realize the business fails if they price out customers.

That being said, your residual is on your lease paperwork. Just add $350 + state sales tax and that is the number. Nothing special goes in the mix. But you need to call them for the official paper payoff with that same number to do the buyout if you
Plan to skip the dealer’s BS

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what the increase has to do with rates, but I just sucked it up knowing I’ll just refi when rates go down, or I will buy new once things get back to normal.
The more we kick back and refuse to cave in on these stupid price and rate hikes, the more the people that decide them will realize the business fails if they price out customers.

That being said, your residual is on your lease paperwork. Just add $350 + state sales tax and that is the number. Nothing special goes in the mix. But you need to call them for the official paper payoff with that same number to do the buyout if you
Plan to skip the dealer’s BS
Oh yeah, definitely not going through dealer. As far as my income interest rates are based on your ability to repay the loans and loan term. Have a higher annual income, or cosigner increasing total income, the risk to the bank/credit union decrease and they will usually offer a better interest rate

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Oh yeah, definitely not going through dealer. As far as my income interest rates are based on your ability to repay the loans and loan term. Have a higher annual income, or cosigner increasing total income, the risk to the bank/credit union decrease and they will usually offer a better interest rate

To an extent, if you have less than stellar credit, sure.
It doesn’t matter how much money you have if you have top tier credit. The rate is the rate.
If you have a current lease, you probably already have pretty stellar credit and making more money or co-signer will make no difference

It seems the norm for most credit unions for top tier credit is %6.49 currently for terms up to 63 months. Anything longer is typically %6.75ish.
Some places will boast a %6.0 or %5.99 right now, but I have found these places are shams and not worth the effort involved to try and get this magical rate.

Maddawg1500

Reaction score
I appreciate the information in this thread. I’m in a similar boat I’m leasing 21 bighorn that’s due back in April. I’m assuming I’ll buy it out as I think lease deals aren’t near as good as they were in 2021. I turned in my leased 2019 early and picked up the 21 for low 400s a month.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I appreciate the information in this thread. I’m in a similar boat I’m leasing 21 bighorn that’s due back in April. I’m assuming I’ll buy it out as I think lease deals aren’t near as good as they were in 2021. I turned in my leased 2019 early and picked up the 21 for low 400s a month.
Yea you ain’t touching that again. lol. Base *** work trucks are all but $60k now. It’s silly!

ZWilson07

Reaction score
How did you lease a vehicle for $400’s a month?
Did you get a stripped vehicle and put $20k down? Lol

My 21 was all but $65k. I think the way the discounts went the deal was done on like $54k maybe for 12k and 36 months with 0 down and my lease was pretty killer at $565 a month and I have good equity at the end.

Leasing the same model with MUCH less options was quoted at almost $1100 a month lease for the same term and $1050 down.
Getting a Limited with a little more options than mine was quoted at almost $1400 a month on lease.
So on my side, while I hate paying more to buy it out monthly, I sure as **** was not paying double + monthly for the same or less options.
I’d rather pocket the delta and buy another boat or sports car

I mean I dont want to sit here and act like I had some magic answer that no one else has; but those were accurate numbers and I will try to answer your question as best as I reasonably can off the top of my head so cut me some slack. Short answer is my trucks in my opinion have been pretty heavily optioned Laramies all things considered, which of course is not the same thing as a Limited truck. I think its pretty common knowledge that Rebels, Longhorns, and Limiteds MF and Residuals are gonna be way worse than a Big Horn and Laramie. From looks of things your 21 deal was the same as mine with exception of my trade in and cash down. Each 1k would have probably dropped your payment around $15-$20 a month.

My 21 Laramie was Crew Cab, Short Bed, Level B, Sport Package, Technology Package, Advanced Safety Group, 22s, Air Ride, Power Steps, Tonn Cover, Trailer Brake Cont, IV Hitch, 3.92, Hemi, Rear Wheel Liners. MSRP was 67,xxx. MF was around .00004 and Residual around 56 with 36 month 12k a year. I had a trade in that netted me about 2k, and I put 3k down. Payment was $472 a month. I obviously have no way of knowing every rebate I got or things that the dealer was able to do on their side.

My 24 is Laramie Crew Cab, Short Bed, Level B, Night Package, Advanced Safety Group, 22's, L/S Rear, Hemi E Torque, Digital Cluster, IV Receiver, Panoramic Sunroof, Cold Weather Mats, Wheel to Wheel Side Steps, Rear Wheel Liners. MSRP was 75,xxx. The dealer let me keep my power steps and tonn cover off of my 21. I took around 3k or so on the buyout of the 21 towards it and put 3k down again. 42 month 12k, MF around .00010 and Residual around 55-56 mark again. Again I dont know exactly what rebates I had or stuff the dealer did on their side but I didnt get anything extra special like military, first responder, business owner, college student, etc just what a standard customer would be eligible for. Payment is $499 a month.

Now don't get me wrong I have no doubt that my 24 "deal" was not near as good as the 21 "deal" and the idea of paying more for less bothers the heck out of me. I am not saying any of this like I am extra special or that I made a good decision; rather this is what I chose to do given my specific set of circumstances. I miss my 21 and I still wish I had it but I didnt want to feel like I was "paying alot more" for the same thing I had been paying towards for 3 years plus having to put more money into it and the unit going out of warranty. Did I make a good decision or the best decision? I have no idea but I guess I will let you know at the end of 2026 lol. The whole thing actually really frustrated me and I was to the point that I was like heck with it, I will just take a base tradesman or big horn. It wont be what I want but at least my payment wont be crazy high but as you mentioned with their prices and the MF/Residuals being terrible on them, it was going to be 400s just for one of those. So I made the decision of if I can get a "similarly" nice truck of what I have in the 21, without putting anything noticeably more down than what I did the first time, I can keep my power steps and tonn cover, and keep the payment under $500 then I will pull the trigger. So here we are after months of stressing, months of going through every single MF/Residual options for all models and term/mileage, and months of texts back and forth with the lease manager. I wanted one just like I had except with bed utility group, offroad package, 33 gal tank, locker, 22's with all terrains, MFT, and in ivory white instead of bright white.

AND I got zero of those things :cautious:. But I guess these things are first world problems so I am trying to be thankful that I have a "nice" truck that is brand new for similar money to what I was paying. I have no doubt that I made an arguably "worse" financial decision given the comparison of 21 deal vs the 24 deal but then again if I was only concerned with that then I would just buy a beater and drive it until it died. Then go do it all over again, over and over. I am sure many would not have done the same thing that I did and that is ok with me (as I slowly choke back the tears missing my 21 and tell myself its ok lol).

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To an extent, if you have less than stellar credit, sure.
It doesn’t matter how much money you have if you have top tier credit. The rate is the rate.
If you have a current lease, you probably already have pretty stellar credit and making more money or co-signer will make no difference

It seems the norm for most credit unions for top tier credit is %6.49 currently for terms up to 63 months. Anything longer is typically %6.75ish.
Some places will boast a %6.0 or %5.99 right now, but I have found these places are shams and not worth the effort involved to try and get this magical rate.
USAA was 5.84%. didn't finish application through NavyFed, but they are usually half a percentage point lower than USAA.

Current lease payment is $403/mo. I can keep my buyout financing under $500/mo pretty easily even at 60 months.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
My 21 Laramie was Crew Cab, Short Bed, Level B, Sport Package, Technology Package, Advanced Safety Group, 22s, Air Ride, Power Steps, Tonn Cover, Trailer Brake Cont, IV Hitch, 3.92, Hemi, Rear Wheel Liners. MSRP was 67,xxx. MF was around .00004 and Residual around 56 with 36 month 12k a year. I had a trade in that netted me about 2k, and I put 3k down. Payment was $472 a month. I obviously have no way of knowing every rebate I got or things that the dealer was able to do on their side.
There may have been some creative numbers by the dealer. Great to have a low payment and all, but your payments literally took nothing off the residual. It would not have made sense for you to buy the truck.
My residual was $36k and I put zero down.

Leases can get very creative at times it seems. I don’t put money down for that reason as they can make the money just disappear with the whisp of a pen on paper.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
USAA was 5.84%. didn't finish application through NavyFed, but they are usually half a percentage point lower than USAA.

Current lease payment is $403/mo. I can keep my buyout financing under $500/mo pretty easily even at 60 months.
Don’t you need to be ex military to get loans through them?
If so, I am talking mere pleb rates. Being ex military is not a fair comparison as they always get ridiculously low rates

Users who are viewing this thread