5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked up Limited off lot with mold - need thoughts

jimk hunt

Reaction score
I never signed off on any inspection. I filled out financing paperwork and the truck didn't come from the other dealership until I was out of town for a week. When I got back in town that is when I went to the dealership and the salesman wasn't on site and on the phone told me to drive away with it. No inspection with me and no signature to take ownership.

I just got off the phone with the manager who clarified it is not an option to get another truck from another dealership, it is not an option to order a new truck, it is not an option to cancel financing. Apparently as soon as I filled out financing paperwork, they submitted it to FCA before I ever laid eyes on the truck and have already gotten paid by FCA. He said the only option I have is to let them try to de-mold the truck and repair any leaks and accept that truck.
You need to talk to a consumer lawyer NOW. If you never signed dealer paperwork, only FCA financing, you have an out. Park the truck, if you drive it , you weaken your case. Call the local TV consumer reporter and tell them your story. They love this kind of stuff especially if there is visible mold! Don't waste anymore time, they are trying to run out the clock. Get moving, time is your enemy.

Eyecutter98

Reaction score
I have called Ram Cares and they have escalated the case to a supervisor who is supposed to call me back within 24 hours with options. I'll keep the forum informed and hope they earn their reputation. I will plan to meet with a lawyer tomorrow or Wed as well as contacting media and possibly the state if Ram Cares doesn't have reasonable options. Since I returned the truck within 24 hours of picking it up, I haven't seen it since. The dealership has had it this entire time saying they will de-mold it, replace the carpet, and fix window leaks. So no worries about me putting miles on it. Thanks guys.

ramhead

Reaction score
I never signed off on any inspection. I filled out financing paperwork and the truck didn't come from the other dealership until I was out of town for a week. When I got back in town that is when I went to the dealership and the salesman wasn't on site and on the phone told me to drive away with it. No inspection with me and no signature to take ownership.

I just got off the phone with the manager who clarified it is not an option to get another truck from another dealership, it is not an option to order a new truck, it is not an option to cancel financing. Apparently as soon as I filled out financing paperwork, they submitted it to FCA before I ever laid eyes on the truck and have already gotten paid by FCA. He said the only option I have is to let them try to de-mold the truck and repair any leaks and accept that truck.

Don't know where you're located but things must be REALLY different in your neck of the woods.....I've never heard of any car dealership let anyone drive off the lot with a vehicle (other than a test ride when they are with you) and/or say "go ahead and drive it away" via telephone without having a signed agreement/contract, odometer disclosure form (federal law that one must be certified upon purchase and before vehicle is released to buyer and HAS to be signed - how did they get around that??), Lemon Law forms, declining of extended warranties, GAP, etc. What was the expectation??? That you'd return at some later time and square this all away? Who supplied the temp. registration? ...and if you're in a state that requires insurance (and pretty much every state does but New Hampshire & VA), you'd never be able to get the keys for said veh. until you had an insurance binder faxed or emailed to the dealership before you'd be allowed to leave...especially for a financed vehicle.

If they failed to do most or any of this as you say, then you really have them over a barrel.....not only if they didn't lock you in with a signed agreement but you can report them for failing to properly divulge and record the odometer cert. ,etc.

Last edited:

maddog49

Reaction score
They are just trying to scare you into taking the truck. Get a lawyer and end this before it gets messy. You don't need a moldy truck nor can they force you to take it. It's all scare tactics. Let us know how FCA handled it from there end too. They should cancel the sale without further prompting but a lawyer will keep the dealership honest and quick.

Users who are viewing this thread