5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop - Sport Hood Color Match?

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was just curious to see what the sport hood might look like if the black plastic bits were painted to match the body color! I know the texture would be a complication to actually painting these parts. But, just a fun little concept. What do you all think of the look?

This isn't the best angle, I know. I'll get a better shot tomorrow to work with, or I'll try the look on any photos you guys post! :)
20010.jpg

Last edited:

James1414d

Reaction score
I like it! I am eventually going to get a sport hood for mine. I wonder how they would look in chrome? Possibly too much/busy.

Runningwithbeers

Reaction score
I think I prefer the contrast but I'd not be surprised to find I'm in the minority on that. :). also think the background of the 1500 hoood insert blacked out would be more appealing to me pulling in more of the black.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I personally prefer the contrast, and that paired with the letters brings it all together.

chad202

Reaction score
I think it depends on the color. Looks good on yours.

AtmozFear

Reaction score
I agree with a few above. I think the black contrast really draws attention to the sport hood accents, and ties in really nice with their grilles. The only thing I wish I would have done different when buying my truck was wait a little longer for a dealer stock model that had sport package along with all the other amenities I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too like the contrast. It was the hood that sold me on this package after all.

That said - I think this could look sharp on a white truck.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do like the color match for the RAM letters on the grill like a few others on here have done.

WhoDat

Reaction score
Thats kinda how I got the idea to try it on other colors. These trucks look so mean in black!! Hey, looks like you may be somewhere in my neck of the woods :p
I am about 10 minutes from New Orleans

cw_mi

Reaction score
I think I prefer the contrast but I'd not be surprised to find I'm in the minority on that. :). also think the background of the 1500 hoood insert blacked out would be more appealing to me pulling in more of the black.

Contrast is the key , in my opinion

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it depends on the color of the truck. On my maximum Steel there's not a huge contrast anyway. You do a good job with Photoshop though, even if you are a Saints fan :D

Atretes1

Reaction score
I blacked out my badges and bezel. I like the white black contrast. I was thinking about trying to have the letters color matched on my hood bezel. I had my front RAM color matched. The last picture is my most recent. I removed the off road sticker because it was more of a grey color. new t2.jpg 20190508_080444.jpg 20190602_222331.jpg

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread