5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Render - REBEL Grille Color Match

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had a fairly busy work week!! A few days ago, someone asked for a Photoshop. It was a Limited or Longhorn, in a parking garage. I came on to grab the photos to do the work, but looks like the post is gone! If that person sees this - I'm sorry I missed you! Repost your pics, and I'll get it done :giggle:

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So sorry I was out of town working till today! Here is a better pic. You're right, the lighting isnt very good to show the true color on the picture I first provided.
Yes, that's a good one! Is this the max steel? I though it was patriot blue in the other pic, now Im not so sure!!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was a cool thread! I'm equally impressed with Danielle's mad skills, as I am with the ideas presented here!
She does some phenomenal photoshop work.....she did this joke photoshop for me on PorBoy as he has had several exhaust systems on his truck. We wondered what it must look like from the rear view. Check it out.... IMG_3020.jpg

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When Jhill contacted me with the idea, I intended to make a view of the underside of the truck with a mess of pipes all over the place. I just couldn’t find a good underside pic to start with. Oh what could have been! :D

Xmetal

Reaction score
When Jhill contacted me with the idea, I intended to make a view of the underside of the truck with a mess of pipes all over the place. I just couldn’t find a good underside pic to start with. Oh what could have been! :D
I’d like to see that! How’d you get into Photoshop so good? I can crop and rotate, that’s about it.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to see that! How’d you get into Photoshop so good? I can crop and rotate, that’s about it.
Self taught basically. I was doing hair and makeup after high school to pay my way through LSU. Somehow I found the time to pick up photography as a hobby. I started doing prom and senior portraits, made good money since I could also do the cosmetics. I learned basic PS for photo corrections and adjustments. Then came scanning and restoring faded or damaged photos. So just a bit at a time over several years!

Xmetal

Reaction score
Self taught basically. I was doing hair and makeup after high school to pay my way through LSU. Somehow I found the time to pick up photography as a hobby. I started doing prom and senior portraits, made good money since I could also do the cosmetics. I learned basic PS for photo corrections and adjustments. Then came scanning and restoring faded or damaged photos. So just a bit at a time over several years!

Wow. And an engineer, likes Oakley and likes Pink Floyd?! We need to hang out sometime;)

DivrGuy

Reaction score
It was a bit challenging to get this color match to work with white! Still not perfect, but about as good as I can get it.

View attachment 23551

Danielle, if you're not sick of doing photochops, it would be interesting to see this picture with the skid plate blacked out and the Ram letters done in the dark red that you used in post 59. If it's easy to cut out the license plate that would be a bonus. Maybe cut and paste the blacked out skid plate you did for JHill in post 52. I know that's a little different angle but would probably get the point across. TIA.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Danielle, if you're not sick of doing photochops, it would be interesting to see this picture with the skid plate blacked out and the Ram letters done in the dark red that you used in post 59. If it's easy to cut out the license plate that would be a bonus. Maybe cut and paste the blacked out skid plate you did for JHill in post 52. I know that's a little different angle but would probably get the point across. TIA.
I can handle that! I'll get on it tomorrow evening :)

Shammy

Reaction score
That color match grill looks amazing! I want to do that to my white rebel. Anyone seen a white rebel with the whole grill color matched like that?

antwon412

Reaction score
Just going to leave this here

Man that was painful to watch.

Not my cup of tea at all. I have to say, I just do not understand the fascination with putting huge 22 inch wheels and then low profile off road tires on it. And then that huge deep dish on the wheel so they stick out so far.

To each his own of course. But I would say he totally ruined the look of the truck. Between the painted bumpers, and the ugly wheels and painted mirrors flipped up....

But I’m sure someone looked at my truck and thinks I totally ruined it too so what do I know.

Last edited:

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Man that was painful to watch.

Not my cup of tea at all. I have to say, I just do not understand the fascination with putting huge 22 inch wheels and then low profile off road tires on it. And then that huge deep dish on the wheel so they stick out so far.

To each his own of course. But I would say he totally ruined the look of the truck. Between the painted bumpers, and the ugly wheels and painted mirrors flipped off....

But I’m sure someone looked at my truck and thinks I totally ruined it too so what do I know.

Hahaha I'm with ya and agree. We're all different though and I do some crazy mods sometimes that others might scratch their head at. I also think the color match looks good but not near as good as stock. That truck lost the bold appearance of the Rebel IMO. It looks like those fender flares might interfere with the gas tank also or is it just me?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It had potential had he not went crazy colormatch ing everything. For example. Left the skid plate factory color, flares need to go, mirrors... look cheap as hell that he had the whole thing painted instead of just the mirror caps. It’s just too bright of a color to go crazy with and not keep the subtle two tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread