5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone mount

Nightowl

Reaction score
I've been searching phone mount options and the only thing I seem to find here is BulletPoint and Proclip. Both seem nice but expensive. Are there any other decent options out there? I don't want one that clips to the vent. I've had the suction cup ones on my last truck and in my car now which work great, but nowhere to put one in this truck. I like the ones that screw into the tray on the dash, but expensive.
2020 Ram 1500

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They make cup holder mounts which I like to use for my tablet or phone. Works really well and can remove anytime you want easily. Mine was like $20-$30 and was well made I was surprised by how cheap the option was. I mean my truck has 10 cup holders lol so I have plenty the one cup holder it takes up isn’t going to kill me.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I dig it.
I expected it to be like $250 based upon your comment about crying lol. I saw it was only $40 on the website but it's click bait and it's auctally over $100 so I get it now rofl.
Best use of that space up there that I have seen so far. My EZ pass sits there nice and snug.

Nightowl

Reaction score
I just installed the Course with the cradle mount tonight. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I just hope the plastic ring for the ball mount holds up. The only other issue was pulling the panel off. I had to give it a pretty good yank, it took quite a bit of pulling before it finally popped off.

LonghornLove

Reaction score
Just a bit of caution on the Course. I have a 2019 Laramie Longhorn and their website steered me to a specific mount. When I tried to install it, there was no way it was going to fit because of the way the back side of the center stack was constructed. I emailed Course and they explained that Ram made changes midway through that model year and I would need to use the mount designed for 2020+ instead. They quickly submitted a new order to ship me the mount that would fit at no additional cost to me (excellent customer service). I’ve not yet received it but I’m certainly looking forward to installing the new mount. I went with the MagSafe disc option vs the cradle and I can tell you it makes a very strong connection with my case and I have no concern that it won’t hold in any driving situation.

Murphy5156

Reaction score
I always use ProClip USA mounts. They now have one that accepts an Apple MagSafe charger so now I just get in, slap the phone on the holder (magnets hold it very securely…I’ve never had it fall off) and then wireless Apple CarPlay automatically connects. When I get out I just grab the phone and go. I love it.

6f0665576c07fc172275a9c0a4434029.jpg

de199bd19b4dbfa7018e8bff496f28a6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread