5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone Mount Help

VETTE277

Reaction score
I cannot get my phone mount to adhere to the rubber holder holder in my Rebel. I've tried numerous adhesive mounting plates but they all fall off after about a week. Anyone have any suggestions of how I can mount the phone cradle here ? This spot is perfect and makes it easy to make inputs on the screen on my phone at stoplights.

Attachments

• IMG_2855 2 copy.jpg
    IMG_2855 2 copy.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4933.JPG
    IMG_4933.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 118

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t think you are going to get that adhesive to stick in that location. You might want to check out proclip’s options. They make solid products.

RJS

Reaction score
Just not enough surface area to adhere with the ridges that way. You may need to use screws or see if you can push the mounting surface deep enough into the slot for the phone mount on the truck to hold it if you want to use your mount.

TVANVA

Reaction score
You could try replacing the manufacturer's adhesive with the strongest 3M double sided adhesive, but I'm doubting that would work, given the surface.

I second the recommendation for the Pro Clip mount. I put one in my Big Horn about a month ago and it is fantastic. Not cheap, but high quality and totally worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread