5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phone mirroring

woodpker

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set up and use the phone mirroring for android ,or is it just another useless feature of out 12 inch uconnect.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It allows android auto to work. It's not exactly mirroring. If you plug your phone into a USB and launch Android auto , it then pops up on your display.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are adapters you can get to allow on screen true mirroring, youtube and the like, but why? There are enough distractions from phones now causing accidents.
I can see the headlines now,,,,,.
FAMILY KILLED BY DRIVER WATCHING BUFFY THE VAMPIRE KILLER WHILE DRIVING ON THE INTERSTATE.
Life is short enough already, so please park it if you want to watch a movie.

444v2

Reaction score
This little device allows you to run any android app and have the output come out on the 12" screen. It uses Carplay to display content. It's a little bit pricey, but I think it's worth it.

585nik585

Reaction score
Я пробовал коробку carplay из китая, работает не совсем корректно. Но ютуб смотреть можно. проблемы с музыкой при навигации из коробки. а при подключении коробки нет возможности подключить телефон

444v2

Reaction score
Я пробовал коробку carplay из китая, работает не совсем корректно. Но ютуб смотреть можно. проблемы с музыкой при навигации из коробки. а при подключении коробки нет возможности подключить телефон
It does seem like the operation and functionality of the box needs a little more refinement. When I turn on the truck, it will restart a couple of times before it stays on. Also, if I am listening to other media, the device will take control each time it connects.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was going to say the exact same thing.....

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It does seem like the operation and functionality of the box needs a little more refinement. When I turn on the truck, it will restart a couple of times before it stays on. Also, if I am listening to other media, the device will take control each time it connects.
I believe there is a setting in the radio to not do that.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
There are adapters you can get to allow on screen true mirroring, youtube and the like, but why? There are enough distractions from phones now causing accidents.
I can see the headlines now,,,,,.
FAMILY KILLED BY DRIVER WATCHING BUFFY THE VAMPIRE KILLER WHILE DRIVING ON THE INTERSTATE.
Life is short enough already, so please park it if you want to watch a movie.
Waiting for the wife at Walmart... enough said.

lamguyen

Reaction score
watch video. works well for my 12in 2019 1500 Limited. Ensure download Auto Android 6.3.611313

Users who are viewing this thread