5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone Holder?

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What kind of phones do you guys have that can't stay in the holder? Between my wife, daughter and my cell phones I've never had one fall out of the wireless area or the area to the right of that (where I keep mine most of the time since it's plugged in for carplay). Granted this is a small sample size of apple/samsung phones with cases that range from very thin and only for looks, to medium size case also mostly for look and up to my iphone with otter box.

So is it phones without cases that can't stay in there, or are some of you trying to wedge flip phones in there or something? :ROFLMAO:

My fob/keys just stay in my pocket, summer I have short pockets big enough to keep them secure and winter they either stay in my jeans or hoodie front pocket. Never had an issue with buttons getting pressed inadvertently but I've seen that be an issue for some others on here as well.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Rebel, and I like the phone charger location, and operation. It was a bit tricky at first because I thought it was either broken or incompatible with my phone, but once I got it figured out it worked great. It holds my phone securely, with or without a case, and charges it while I drive. Simple and well designed.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Never had it happened on any phone I've had and BT is always on. I've had smart phones since before the iPhone.
I never leave BT or wifi on. I dont know if it's just my phone or not but it seems like it drains the battery faster than normal when its constantly looking for things to connect to. I dont turn it everytime I get out of the truck. I will keep it on if I'm in the grocery store or restaurant or somewhere I know I'll be coming back to the truck shortly. If I'm at home or work I'll turn it off

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you talking about wifi ?
I do the same, normally turn off the wifi - at work the network is terrible and no signal constantly so just used my own data, company pays my phone bill anyways,
and about the Bluetooth just something I heard and normally also just don't like to keep it on.
never really did the research since I don't even like to do online banking on my phone, so I Figure even if there was some truth to it, I don't keep anything important on the phone

Users who are viewing this thread