5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone holder eating iPhone case

fact mechanic

Reaction score
I have an iPhone in an Apple silicone case. When I have it plugged in for using CarPlay I use the usb-c connections in front. I put the phone in the holder slot thing on the right side (the opposite side from the wireless charging side) and positioned so the cable runs down in the middle through the cutout section. Every time I pull it out it seems like it catches and it has worn a hole through the case now on the lower right hand side.

When I feel inside the holder on the truck, it feels like the flaps that pinch the phone in are backwards from how they are on the side with the wireless charger.

Anyone else having this issue? Anything wrong with keeping the phone on the wireless charger side even when it’s plugged into usb-c? Will it charge using the cable still or will it switch and charge wirelessly instead?

James1414d

Reaction score
I have an iPhone in an Apple silicone case. When I have it plugged in for using CarPlay I use the usb-c connections in front. I put the phone in the holder slot thing on the right side (the opposite side from the wireless charging side) and positioned so the cable runs down in the middle through the cutout section. Every time I pull it out it seems like it catches and it has worn a hole through the case now on the lower right hand side.

When I feel inside the holder on the truck, it feels like the flaps that pinch the phone in are backwards from how they are on the side with the wireless charger.

Anyone else having this issue? Anything wrong with keeping the phone on the wireless charger side even when it’s plugged into usb-c? Will it charge using the cable still or will it switch and charge wirelessly instead?
I do the same with a Note8 in a Otter Defender case. It's overly tight I'd say. Hopefully it will loosen up with use.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not ideal but I put a little spacer on my wireless charging side so I could easily get he phonein and out. Just enough to take some of the tension off the case. I’ve got the iPhone max with a leather wallet case and thus far it’s worked great

James1414d

Reaction score
Not ideal but I put a little spacer on my wireless charging side so I could easily get he phonein and out. Just enough to take some of the tension off the case. I’ve got the iPhone max with a leather wallet case and thus far it’s worked great
Thats a fantastic idea! Thanks!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a similar issue but it wasn't the case, it was the fat connector on the cord that would catch on my 7Plus case when trying to put it. It would catch on the raised portion where the inductive charging is.
The right hand side of the holder is different and doesn't catch.

Users who are viewing this thread