5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone Charging Question.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked by everyone saying it barely works. I always have either stitcher or amazon music running on the phone and i'm pretty certain it charges really well, I guess I will find out the actual percentage tonight.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm honestly shocked by everyone saying it barely works. I always have either stitcher or amazon music running on the phone and i'm pretty certain it charges really well, I guess I will find out the actual percentage tonight.
Lots of things can affect how efficiently wireless chargers work. Case thickness and material, positioning, phone settings and background use, etc.

I generally go into my apps and restrict their background battery usage and put them to sleep when not in use.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The first problem is the phone has to go sideways because it is too tall to make contact with the charging pad (S21 Ultra) and then the phone blocks the blue light. The second issue is I have to remove the phone from its case to get it to fit into the holder, next, when the phone is down there it doesn't always get the best reception when I'm away from the big cities (I live rural) making Android Auto's map act up, and last, it charges way too slow.
Your situation is way beyond "a little tricky"...it's just not compatible due to its size.

I live in a Verizon coverage shadow and it makes no difference where my phone is located in my cab. Wireless charging is slow, one of its limitations. Knowing that, it's not a good source if you need a quick charge. It charges fast enough, most of the time.

Last edited:

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Well I ****ed up and forgot my phone was charging so it was at 91% when I left. Checked it in 10mi and it was at 95. It hit 100% around 25mi. I'll try it again next time I drive the truck lol.

Users who are viewing this thread