5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phaser Pin Sheared Off - New Engine

TittoPollito

Reaction score
that bad? even if it is, can it be worse than what i have right now? lol lemme go see though
It can be, I decided to drop 14K of my own money to build a new engine for my G8 vs a 5th warranty trip...well that and I wanted it to run low 9's at full weight.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
no clue, just what they told me. i do have a copy of the ticket from the shop they sent it to have them inspected. pretty sure the ac clutch has to be removed to get to the cam.
AC clutch doesn't have to be removed. The AC compressor is removed from the engine, the system doesn't have to be tampered with/recovered and recharged.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
no clue, just what they told me. i do have a copy of the ticket from the shop they sent it to have them inspected. pretty sure the ac clutch has to be removed to get to the cam.
If they touched the a/c compressor (which the clutch is on the front of the compressor), they would have taken the least labor intensive route by leaving the refrigerant hoses attached, unbolting the compressor from the bracket, and moving it out of the way. The chances of damaging it while doing that are very slim. You’re under warranty anyway, so it really doesn’t matter other than it will cost you a few hours of time waiting while it’s replaced.

austin76

Reaction score
Ha, Google GM 5.3/6.2 engine problems first. We'll wait. 🤣
that bad? even if it is, can it be worse than what i have right now? lol lemme go see though
If they touched the a/c compressor (which the clutch is on the front of the compressor), they would have taken the least labor intensive route by leaving the refrigerant hoses attached, unbolting the compressor from the bracket, and moving it out of the way. The chances of damaging it while doing that are very slim. You’re under warranty anyway, so it really doesn’t matter other than it will cost you a few hours of time waiting while it’s replaced.
idk exactly what they took off but i did have to go back a day a few days later bc the ac wasnt cooling like before. they told me the ac was taken apart with everything else and probably needed to be charged more. im more than likely going to stay with ram. just disappointed at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/