5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phantom features

Kob0583

Reaction score
Anyone else notice features or options in the owners manual that aren’t on your truck. Not talking about things that obviously aren’t equipped or part of your build. Example a member in another post asked about a Uconnect program menu option, it’s in the manual but not the members system, they had a limited, I have a rebel that should have the same option per the manual but as the other member it’s not there. Anyone else encounter a phantom feature or option with their ram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else notice features or options in the owners manual that aren’t on your truck. Not talking about things that obviously aren’t equipped or part of your build. Example a member in another post asked about a Uconnect program menu option, it’s in the manual but not the members system, they had a limited, I have a rebel that should have the same option per the manual but as the other member it’s not there. Anyone else encounter a phantom feature or option with their ram?

Sure...

The missing centerline in reverse is a well-documented issue on early builds.

The auto entry/exit mode in Park doesn’t exist.

There are no vehicle health reports for top-trim (12” UConnect) trucks.

The owner’s manual completely fails to mention that non-Rebels equipped with both air suspension and the Off-Road Group have just 4 suspension heights, just like Rebels with air.

I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few...

Kob0583

Reaction score
The auto entry was the first one I noticed.

dumbo62

Reaction score

Probably me you were talking about. I think I found another ( unless it is just my vehicle). The manual say the parking brake will release when put in drive or reverse. Mine does not release.

knightro84

Reaction score
Probably me you were talking about. I think I found another ( unless it is just my vehicle). The manual say the parking brake will release when put in drive or reverse. Mine does not release.

Have to have your seatbelt on for it to automatically release.

Users who are viewing this thread