5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanent DTC code after dead battery

Merrick2252

Reaction score
I left my ignition on run without the engine running for too long the other day and killed my battery (definitely time for a new one) after getting a quick jump she started fine but had engine codes, after looking at them they seem consistent with a dead battery, I tried to clear them but one of them is a permanent code P1DF3. Why has this code been set to permanent? Does this indicate a secondary problem? If not and it is just because I tried to start with a dead battery, what needs to happen for it to clear itself? I posted a screenshot of the codes below. Thanks for any help you guys can provide

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709_095150.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709_095150.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I left my ignition on run without the engine running for too long the other day and killed my battery (definitely time for a new one) after getting a quick jump she started fine but had engine codes, after looking at them they seem consistent with a dead battery, I tried to clear them but one of them is a permanent code P1DF3. Why has this code been set to permanent? Does this indicate a secondary problem? If not and it is just because I tried to start with a dead battery, what needs to happen for it to clear itself? I posted a screenshot of the codes below. Thanks for any help you guys can provide
Not all scan tools have full capability to delete all codes. Or even read all codes for that matter.

Also, try fully charging the battery before driving again, and clearing the code.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had similar issue when my battery went dead and all was fine after a few drive cycles.

A permanent DTC has been confirmed fault-free after three consecutive driving cycles. At the start of the fourth fault-free permanent DTC driving cycle, the MIL is extinguished, and the permanent DTC is cleared.

Nibis

Reaction score
Had to change the battery on my wife 19, and had the same issue, it went away the next day

Users who are viewing this thread