5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Leveling Options

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I am looking for some help here. I have a 2020 Rebel and I want to level it. I don’t want to add a spacer or stretch the shock. I want to go with upgraded suspension options without raising the rear. Want it to still fit in the garage.
I have always gone with Fox, but I wanted to get some thoughts from all of the experts on here. I have been looking at the BDS kit with the fox 2.5 reservoirs, the falcon front and rear upgrades, or the bilstein 6112 (would prefer the 8112, but not available for our trucks). I want the ride quality and performance quality when I’m out on our land for some guns and fun. Need as much performance as possible with a leveled stance to go with larger tires and some negative offset.
Help please...

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You pretty much covered your best options for a performance level.

CJR28

Reaction score
I am looking for some help here. I have a 2020 Rebel and I want to level it. I don’t want to add a spacer or stretch the shock. I want to go with upgraded suspension options without raising the rear. Want it to still fit in the garage.
I have always gone with Fox, but I wanted to get some thoughts from all of the experts on here. I have been looking at the BDS kit with the fox 2.5 reservoirs, the falcon front and rear upgrades, or the bilstein 6112 (would prefer the 8112, but not available for our trucks). I want the ride quality and performance quality when I’m out on our land for some guns and fun. Need as much performance as possible with a leveled stance to go with larger tires and some negative offset.
Help please...
Im eventually going to go the 6112/5160 route, currently running 5100/5160. I do like the looks of the Falcon setup though. With the current setup I have 34”s and it rides great. Any of the options you listed will be fine

mp1

Reaction score
Help please...
The 8100s are coming out soon for the 5.7' bed. Currently they're available only for long beds. 8112s for the front are currently available (if in stock).

Pretty soon Bilstein will be coming out with 8100 smooth bodies for the rear as well.

They are awesome :)

chris288

Reaction score
my Rebel is currently being built, I am looking to level it as well, most likely 2.5 - 3.0 in the front and 1.5 in the rear, what are my options for not ruining the ride quality ? spacers with new uca ? suggestions please... Thanks..

Southside

Reaction score
my Rebel is currently being built, I am looking to level it as well, most likely 2.5 - 3.0 in the front and 1.5 in the rear, what are my options for not ruining the ride quality ? spacers with new uca ? suggestions please... Thanks..
I'm in a similar situation, ordered my first full size Ram Rebel about 3 weeks ago. I have no experience with lifts, but found this article informative. I plan to do the commuter 2.0 with UCA's when they come out next year for Rebel.

Carli Link

BGL

Reaction score
I don't really get it, guys. I bought a Rebel because its already factory lifted. I wouldn't change a thing.

I can see some owners doing a leveling kit, but I have the air suspension so I don't see any purpose for it.

Hundreds of engineers work every day to design the best trucks for the purpose.
Then we go and mess it up, ruin the ride quality, wonder why everything is breaking, then ***** about the model.

What about the huge tires that are sticking out, look like a Tonka toy, just throw mud and rocks up in the air to just bounce off the body of the truck. I really don't understand that.

I have friends that have done lifts to their trucks over the years, they say ya it looks cool , but mileage sucks, death wobble on washboard, rough ride, tires are retarded expensive, breaking shafts, but ya it looks cool.

If I wanted more off road capability I would have ordered a Power Wagon.

I wanted to go drag racing so I bought a 77 Camaro and modified it, without a lot of worry about blowing it up.

If I want more power, more height , more extreme off road capability, I'd get the TRX for sure.
Some guys are spending more money on modifying trucks not built for it, than just buying a TRX and be done with it.

For a 6" lifted truck for playing in the mud and going off road, I would definitely rebuild a square body 86 4x4 or get a Jeep.

Don't get me wrong, I like the look of some of these trucks, they turn heads, but some just look like a total waste of good cash, especially if its just your daily driver.

Just my two cents.

Southside

Reaction score
Commuter System

I agree with alot of what you said.

This system is a level kit, adds 2.5" to the front and 1" to the back to maintain 1" of rake. The UCA's are not required, but recommended to maintain the middle of travel adjustment by correcting for the changes caused by the shock. I will likely keep my 33" tires, and they recommend max of 34's without modding.

chris288

Reaction score
when my 09 got totaled, I test drove a 2012 w/ a factory mopar lift and big factory tires, the truck was a joke to drive. All i'm interested in is a 1.5 - 2.0" front leveling spacer to decrease the rake. shouldn't affect anything.

Pompito

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat. 2020 Rebel with rambox and roll n lock cover(added weight). Went with the falcons at 0 lift and readylift 2.5" leveling kit with UCA's. Currenly waiting on the falcons. I will probably end up adding a 1" rear spacer for leveling or some rake. I only fear the ride loss.

Users who are viewing this thread