5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Intakes

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Mishimoto does a great job of myth busting about Performance intakes

I for one did put a CAI (cold air intske) on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I wish I had read this first. Not only saved some money but feeling foolish that it would improve my mileage and I thought pick up and go.

again I thought it was well done by a very good auto engineering firm and worth the read.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mishimoto does a great job of myth busting about Performance intakes

I for one did put a CAI (cold air intske) on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I wish I had read this first. Not only saved some money but feeling foolish that it would improve my mileage and I thought pick up and go.

again I thought it was well done by a very good auto engineering firm and worth the read.
Engineering explained did the same thing recently (YouTube) showing that just keeping a OEM style filter in and removing the Carbon Charcoal filter had the best results. It's a different story if you upgrade a intake setup, exhaust and tuned the vehicle...but not worth it in my opinion. I think the most I'd ever do is just throw in a drop-in dry flow AEM filter or something..

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I have no delusions about hp or mpg gains, but I will eventually do a "cat back" exhaust replacement and a varaam or ram air intake. I want the sound from the exhaust and the looks of the intake (not to mention a good spot for a 2nd battry :D )

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no delusions about hp or mpg gains, but I will eventually do a "cat back" exhaust replacement and a varaam or ram air intake. I want the sound from the exhaust and the looks of the intake (not to mention a good spot for a 2nd battry :D )
Think I'll just swap out my mufflers for Magnaflow ones ...the stock exhaust pipes are already pretty efficient. I'll get better sound and flow for half the cost

Users who are viewing this thread