5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance chips

Reaction score
I have the 2020 Eco 3.0. I can't stand the lag, or what I think it really is is that it is in too high of a gear. I slow down to make a turn, about 15 or 20 mph. Then I give it gas to get up to 40 or more and the wait is sometimes ridiculous. I'm guessing it is probably in 4th or 5th gear when it should be in 2nd. It really should have had a sport or trailer mode on it. Is there a chip that also makes it do that?

n8zcc

Reaction score
I have the 2020 Eco 3.0. I can't stand the lag, or what I think it really is is that it is in too high of a gear. I slow down to make a turn, about 15 or 20 mph. Then I give it gas to get up to 40 or more and the wait is sometimes ridiculous.
When I first drove my 2022 ECODiesel I was surprised the throttle was so unresponsive, particularly in a turn. The solution was a new tune (emissions compliant) from Green Diesel Engineering. Look into their tune and see if it is for you.

I looked at throttle pedal modifiers but given their cost versus the cost of the GDE tune I went with GDE and reaped the additional benefits.

abmillh

Reaction score
I have a GDE tune in my 2022 limited but I find that under very light deceleration, it clunks a bit going from 3rd to 2nd. I contacted them and asked if the torque converter wasn't unlocking when it should and they asked a few questions, I answered, and they confirmed that was the case. I asked if they would do a revision of the tune to fix it and they declined because they'd need to get the tune pre-certified by the EPA (yes just for a transmission adjustment).

I loved my 2014 GDE tune just not crazy about the 2022. I had a SFT delete tune on my 2017 and it woke up really nicely.

dhdrider

Reaction score
Based on a reply from another thread, I installed the Banks Pedal Monster. Night and day difference with the lag. I usually run it in "sport" mode. Super easy install and good band for the buck at $295. Throttle Controllers

Reaction score
I wish it would have come with a sport button. I don't think it is just lag. I think it is also in too high of a gear when I hit the gas & it takes too long to shift down and go. Usually when I slow down to take a corner, then give it gas. I have called it a piece of **** so many times my wife told me to get another truck that I like. I love this truck, so now I just keep my mouth shut & grit my teeth when she is with me.

drydocked

Reaction score
You say it should have a sport or trailer mode, does it not have a tow mode button? That should change the transmission shifts and maybe help with your issue. Mine doesn't have any issues at with with lag but maybe the 3.92 gears make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread