5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Performance Chips & Tuners question

Tatted_Panda

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about getting a tune or getting the SuperChips Flashpaq F5 Tuner.
I like the flexible to switch between eco and sport. But I also have the Tazer DT installed on my truck and I use that to enable my LED turn signals and LED rear lights, Plus auto folder my mirrors.

Does anybody know of a part like the F5 tuner that also has the same similar features as the Tazer DT? If not can a tune shop program the auto folder mirrors and LED lights to be enable?

My understanding so far is that I cant use the Tazer DT and the F5.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about getting a tune or getting the SuperChips Flashpaq F5 Tuner.
I like the flexible to switch between eco and sport. But I also have the Tazer DT installed on my truck and I use that to enable my LED turn signals and LED rear lights, Plus auto folder my mirrors.

Does anybody know of a part like the F5 tuner that also has the same similar features as the Tazer DT? If not can a tune shop program the auto folder mirrors and LED lights to be enable?

My understanding so far is that I cant use the Tazer DT and the F5.
Not sure why wouldn't be able to continue to use the Tazer with a custom tune.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can use a tune and a Tazer.
There is 0% things in common with them.

I think OP is confusing what a tune does.
A tune is for the ECM and or TCM. Neither of those have anything to do with anything like mirrors.
There is also no auto-folding mirrors. The TazerDT is sending the command to the truck to make it work.

Tatted_Panda

Reaction score
You can use a tune and a Tazer.
There is 0% things in common with them.

I think OP is confusing what a tune does.
A tune is for the ECM and or TCM. Neither of those have anything to do with anything like mirrors.
There is also no auto-folding mirrors. The TazerDT is sending the command to the truck to make it work.
The part I dont understand is why the F5 tuner uss the SGW module along with the ODB port. I know I can get a custom tune and keep the tazer but that cost alot more then just getting something like the F5 tuner.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So the Tazer plugs into the SGW module. From what i saw on Superchips website there device uses the same port. Therefore you cant use both.
For one, the Flashpaq 5 uses OBD port, and secondly, you don't leave the Superchips plugged in all the time. Only when changing tunes.

Tatted_Panda

Reaction score
I called americantrucks.com they have one thats open box and it show a part that plugs into the SGW module. When I asked the guy about it told me I would have to get rid of my tazer cause they use the same port. This is why im asking cause Flashpaq doesnt show that in there pictures on there site.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I called americantrucks.com they have one thats open box and it show a part that plugs into the SGW module. When I asked the guy about it told me I would have to get rid of my tazer cause they use the same port. This is why im asking cause Flashpaq doesnt show that in there pictures on there site.

I wouldnt trust a guy from a distribution website, he obviously doesnt know much about the products. There is probably a SGW bypass, which the Tazer works as. And still, you dont leave the Superchips plugged in all the time. You cha ge your tune, or whatever other settings you can change with the Superchips, then you unplug it. Tazer stays on the truck if you want the live features like autofold mirrors.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, I wouldnt buy a tuner with only canned tunes for these trucks. You have to send your PCM off to get unlocked anyways, so might as well just buy a package from a good custom tuner who can do everything.

397STROKER

Reaction score
you do realize you need to get a new ECM/PCM that has been hacked to allow a tune. That adds another $700+.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not $700 for an unlocked unit.

Diablosport did it for me for either $200 or $300 (including shipping).
Currently if you don't have the tuner, you can get a PCM swap and the tuner for just under $600.

Look at the picture, that an ODB2 plug.
You can't apply tunes via a SGW port lol.

I think you need to step back and figure to what you actually want to do before you go looking at parts.

You talk about switching between eco or sport, it sounds like you might be better served getting throttle adjuster like a sprint booster or the other several other units.

For what it's worth my 2022 has a custom tune, SGW bypass module, Sprint Booster, and I ran a TazerDT for 2 weeks before returning it because it literally doesn't work on a 2022 despite the manual claiming it did.

Acdeals187

Reaction score
It's not $700 for an unlocked unit.

Diablosport did it for me for either $200 or $300 (including shipping).
Currently if you don't have the tuner, you can get a PCM swap and the tuner for just under $600.

Look at the picture, that an ODB2 plug.
You can't apply tunes via a SGW port lol.

I think you need to step back and figure to what you actually want to do before you go looking at parts.

You talk about switching between eco or sport, it sounds like you might be better served getting throttle adjuster like a sprint booster or the other several other units.

For what it's worth my 2022 has a custom tune, SGW bypass module, Sprint Booster, and I ran a TazerDT for 2 weeks before returning it because it literally doesn't work on a 2022 despite the manual claiming it did.
I just picked up Superchips calibrator to adjust tire size for the accurate speedometer speed. For 2019+ RAMs, it will come with Bypass Module that will need to be plugged into SGW port (you unplug the two wires and plug them into bypass module) to be able to get into the truck set up menu and then you plug in Superchips calibrator/tuner into ODB2 port to make adjustments.

Acdeals187

Reaction score
I just picked up Superchips calibrator to adjust tire size for the accurate speedometer speed. For 2019+ RAMs, it will come with Bypass Module that will need to be plugged into SGW port (you unplug the two wires and plug them into bypass module) to be able to get into the truck set up menu and then you plug in Superchips calibrator/tuner into ODB2 port to make adjustments.
To add, I double checked with Superchips FlashCal and sounds like you only need to have Bypass Module plugged in, if you wish to make any calibrations/changes. Up to you, if you want to leave bypass module plugged in for easy changes with calibration tool or you can plug both wires into OEM ports and not to worry about it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
To add, I double checked with Superchips FlashCal and sounds like you only need to have Bypass Module plugged in, if you wish to make any calibrations/changes. Up to you, if you want to leave bypass module plugged in for easy changes with calibration tool or you can plug both wires into OEM ports and not to worry about it.
This is correct

Users who are viewing this thread