5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perfect truck no issues

BigD

Reaction score
Just thought I'd post that I've owned my 2020 Ram 1500 CC Big Horn level 2 5.7 Hemi with etorque & 3.92 rear end for 2 1/2 yrs now & 28,000 miles & I have NOT had 1 single problem with her !! Love the truck. If this continues I will keep her long term. Maybe 10 - 15 years. If not I'll trade her in after 5 - 7 years. My 2013 RAM 1500 CC 5.7 Hemi was also an awesome truck. I only traded her because I wanted the 8 speed transmission & a backup camera. Posting this thread because nobody ever posts when things are great, they only post problems. So just want to say I love the Ram brand. Love my V-8. Driving it gives me great pleasure.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Exellent, I had my 2017 quad 4th gen for 4 years and 20k problem free. But needed to upgrade to cc and went with 4x4 this time and 3.92.
5th gen going great at 1 year plus. Also planning on keeping it long term

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been lucky with my vehicles so far.
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse (21yrs/86k miles) - my daily driver.
2012 Nissan Pathfinder (10yrs/116k miles) - wifey's daily driver.
2021 Ram 1500 (14mos/15k miles) - so far so good; used weekend only.

Last edited:

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I'm 21,000 miles in and still completely trouble free. LOVING my RAM!!!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My last two Laramie’s were completely trouble free. 10 years and 230,000 miles between them and neither were ever in a shop for repairs. Changed the oil, did basic maintenance, filled up with gas and just drove the heck out of them. Hopefully my new Back Country is just as reliable.🙏🏼

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s great to hear! If I do decide to pay mine off in 3 years, I’ll be pretty happy if it makes it to my estimated 105k miles without any big issues. Then again, if the next body style trx comes out by then, I may be compelled to make a change.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No major issues with my 2020 Laramie, 21k and 23 months. Just a couple very minor warranty claims that were more preference than necessary. And the RAM dealer here is very good for service. Still wish I didn't have etorque, but not worth the $$$ to switch out for at least a couple more years.

morrpar

Reaction score
My 2016 2500 6.4 hemi Bighorn just turned 175k this week. It has had only regular maintenance, and has been trouble free. Almost 6 years. Great trucks. Hope the ‘22 1500 will follow suit.
MANY unicorns exist…

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't complain so far. 1.5 years and 18k miles, only issue was a whistle I eventually got figured out.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had almost no issues with my '21 Laramie. Two recalls, Y81 DEF, and the Rear Trailer Steering. Only
Failed part was the Rear Parking Sensors. Which was only a Software Update. Although it did take the
Dealer 10 hours to fix the stuff. I have been extremely happy with the Truck. It was Special Order to get
the Stuff I wanted and none of what I didn't.

I am still working on the 72 Gal AUX Diesel Tank to extend my Range.

I have also added a Comma3 from Comma.ai. This makes the RAM drive similar to a Tesla. We have
Steer to Zero MPH working and the HD models will be officially supported in the next OpenPilot release.
Now we have started working on the Long control to get "End to End" working with the Navigation on
the Comma3.

Malodave

Attachments

• MirrorMountFront.jpg
    MirrorMountFront.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 15
  • MirrorMountRear.jpg
    MirrorMountRear.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 15

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 RAM Rebel with Jan 2019 build date, bought new in July of 2019. Currently zero issues, not one, easily my best ownership experience within the first 3 years of any new vehicle I have purchased. This includes BMWs, Mercedes, Toyota/Lexus, Audi, Ford and Land Rover.

I was hesitant at first to purchase a FCA vehicle of a first new year design, but pleasantly happy so far. I have been typically a BMW car & Ford truck guy for various vehicles, but this truck has changed my pre-conceived notions of Dodge/RAM products.

To the point that I decided to keep this truck beyond the my typical 3/4 year cycle I've been doing for the last decade or so. I normally get bored and switch over to something new, but not this time, I love this truck and plan to keep it until it's time to go EV or at least hybrid truck.

Users who are viewing this thread