5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peragon Bedcover's

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Anyone have first hand experience with Peragon? I'm tired of flipping my folding panels and most of all I want to remove the cover easily. I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a Peragon. Made in the USA, family owned business. Aluminum panels, not plastic or foam. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Reaction score
I‘ve had mine for a little more than 3 months and have been happy with with it so far and it fits my needs. I chose Peragon because it was the only locking hard folding cover I could find that didn’t obstruct the rear window when folded up and could be easily removed if I need access to the entire bed. It does a pretty good job keeping water out of the bed but it’s not completely water tight, which is expected. I also opted for the Platinum Package for the stainless steel hardware for longevity and quick clamps in case I want to remove the cover completely without leaving a trace.

There are only a couple quirks I can think of. It’s all or nothing when folding the cover and you can’t leave it partially folded up. It can also be difficult opening the cover if unsecured cargo slides to the front of the bed due to how it folds down into the bed. On top of that, mine wasn’t a straightforward install since I have the MFT w/o RAMBoxes. Despite what Peragon says, you CAN get it to fit with this configuration but you will need new aftermarket support brackets and extra washers.

If you haven’t bought a cover from them yet I highly recommend signing up for their newsletter first to get a discount on a cover. If you have the patience the deals get better as time goes on.

Attachments

• 10D4FB6B-31B8-4AC4-A7C4-EA571D894386.jpeg
    10D4FB6B-31B8-4AC4-A7C4-EA571D894386.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 102

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I‘ve had mine for a little more than 3 months and have been happy with with it so far and it fits my needs. I chose Peragon because it was the only locking hard folding cover I could find that didn’t obstruct the rear window when folded up and could be easily removed if I need access to the entire bed. It does a pretty good job keeping water out of the bed but it’s not completely water tight, which is expected. I also opted for the Platinum Package for the stainless steel hardware for longevity and quick clamps in case I want to remove the cover completely without leaving a trace.

There are only a couple quirks I can think of. It’s all or nothing when folding the cover and you can’t leave it partially folded up. It can also be difficult opening the cover if unsecured cargo slides to the front of the bed due to how it folds down into the bed. On top of that, mine wasn’t a straightforward install since I have the MFT w/o RAMBoxes. Despite what Peragon says, you CAN get it to fit with this configuration but you will need new aftermarket support brackets and extra washers.

If you haven’t bought a cover from them yet I highly recommend signing up for their newsletter first to get a discount on a cover. If you have the patience the deals get better as time goes on.
Thank you. That makes me feel good about it. The things you mentioned are things I had thought about, partial opening, issues with cargo at the front. About how long did it take to ship?

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score

Thanks! I actually just placed my order. Emailed them and got a 10% discount code. I opted for the Platinum package as well. I have no issues with keeping the front area clear so the cover can fold. The only downside I see is when I have water on the cover and need to open it that water is coming in the bed. Usually not a problem, but could be if I have luggage back there when traveling.

The pro's outweigh the con's though. Easily removable, secure, unobstructed vision when open, Made in the USA. I may revisit this and put in my two cents down the road once I've used it.

Reaction score
Thank you. That makes me feel good about it. The things you mentioned are things I had thought about, partial opening, issues with cargo at the front. About how long did it take to ship?
I ordered mine 3/31 and they told me it was guaranteed to be delivered by 5/15. I was a little surprised to see it on my doorstep 5/2 and had it installed later that afternoon. I’m not sure how much their delivery schedule has changed since then due to how volatile the steel/aluminum market is currently.
Thanks! I actually just placed my order. Emailed them and got a 10% discount code. I opted for the Platinum package as well. I have no issues with keeping the front area clear so the cover can fold. The only downside I see is when I have water on the cover and need to open it that water is coming in the bed. Usually not a problem, but could be if I have luggage back there when traveling.

The pro's outweigh the con's though. Easily removable, secure, unobstructed vision when open, Made in the USA. I may revisit this and put in my two cents down the road once I've used it.
I knew there was one other thing I missed, goes to show how frequently I open mine when wet! Yes, water will spill into the bed if there is any standing on the cover’s surface and it will continue to drip along the edge of the panels when open. I just make sure the edges are wiped down before putting anything in the bed I want to keep dry and put a towel over it in case water in the seals get into the bed once the cover is closed back up. Having said that, I’m still happy with my cover and I’m not sorry I bought it! If I wanted my bed water-tight, I would’ve bought a bed cap or saved my money for a Jeep Wagoneer! 🤣

Last edited:

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I ordered mine today and got a delivery date of 8/27.

Reaction score
Di they have this for the rambox and mft beds?
Unfortunately they don’t. They advertise it fitting the standard bed with the standard tailgate only. My truck doesn’t have RAMBoxes but I do have the MFT. This setup has the standard bed so I was able to retrofit the Peragon cover onto my truck with just additional hardware and made zero modifications to the cover/bed rails. I’ve noticed Peragon is somewhat hesitant about making their product fit various Mopar trucks for some reason. They don’t make one that fits a bed with RAMBoxes at all at and they completely ignore the Jeep Gladiator.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately they don’t. They advertise it fitting the standard bed with the standard tailgate only. My truck doesn’t have RAMBoxes but I do have the MFT. This setup has the standard bed so I was able to retrofit the Peragon cover onto my truck with just additional hardware and made zero modifications to the cover/bed rails. I’ve noticed Peragon is somewhat hesitant about making their product fit various Mopar trucks for some reason. They don’t make one that fits a bed with RAMBoxes at all at and they completely ignore the Jeep Gladiator.
It is a production thing.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info sir! 👍

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one, for the most part I like it and it's a great cover for the money.

My one complaint is the cover will not open if there are any tall objects that managed to slide towards the front of the bed while closed...the way it folds down to open requires that space to be empty (with the exception of the bottom six inches or so). So, can make packing for a long road trip a little tricky. If this happens you gotta pull everything out with the cover closed.

I tolerate this drawback because I feel the ability to remove the cover quickly in case I need that extra 6 in of bed length is very useful.

Also, not really a downside but you need very good attention to detail while installing it. If you install the rails even a little bit out of alignment it will make the cover very difficult to open or close. I highly recommend upgrading to the no-drill hardware.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have one, for the most part I like it and it's a great cover for the money.

My one complaint is the cover will not open if there are any tall objects that managed to slide towards the front of the bed while closed...the way it folds down to open requires that space to be empty (with the exception of the bottom six inches or so). So, can make packing for a long road trip a little tricky. If this happens you gotta pull everything out with the cover closed.

I tolerate this drawback because I feel the ability to remove the cover quickly in case I need that extra 6 in of bed length is very useful.

Also, not really a downside but you need very good attention to detail while installing it. If you install the rails even a little bit out of alignment it will make the cover very difficult to open or close. I highly recommend upgrading to the no-drill hardware.
I use a ratchet bed bar to keep items to the rear.

Nartes86

Reaction score

What's the best deal you have seen though the newsletter?

Reaction score
What's the best deal you have seen though the newsletter?
I got mine upgraded to the Platinum Package for free. I signed up for their newsletter a couple weeks before I started looking for a Longhorn because I was dead set on their cover but I wasn’t going to buy one until I had a truck in my driveway. A month had gone by from when I signed up to the time I bought my truck, and I was surprised to see an email from them with that deal because I was a “hard bargainer.”

flinstigator

Reaction score
I have had mine for almost three years now. I bought it because it was made in America and you have to support US manufacturing with so many things working against them! The cover has held up very well on my Rebel. The only issue I have had with the cover is what has been already stated above. Taller objects near the cab can make it difficult to open. I also have the platinum package and no drill hardware.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I have had mine for almost three years now. I bought it because it was made in America and you have to support US manufacturing with so many things working against them! The cover has held up very well on my Rebel. The only issue I have had with the cover is what has been already stated above. Taller objects near the cab can make it difficult to open. I also have the platinum package and no drill hardware.
Thanks for the reply. I'll get a spreader bar and set it at the height of the lowest part of the cover. Thanks!

flinstigator

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures for anyone that wants to see it installed. September will be three years.

20210811_084024.jpg
20210811_084109.jpg
20210811_084118.jpg

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures for anyone that wants to see it installed. September will be three years.

View attachment 102577
View attachment 102578
View attachment 102579

Very nice. One question I have for anyone who has removed the panels is 1. How hard is it? 2. Do the panels fit across the second row?

Normally I put my ATV in the bed, drive 4 hours to where I camp/hunt, then take the ATV out. Once its out I would like to put the panels back in to have a secured bed for the time I am there. Then repeat to come home.

Users who are viewing this thread