5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People with SUVs: how does your RAM ride quality compare?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
P

pretty darn good for a Rebel to ride like a (stock) F150 from what I remember of my 2015 ride.

Yea, I wasn't sure about the Rebel's ride until I test drove it. I think a lot of it has to do with the independent rear suspension and the coil overs vs leaf springs. Also those heavy ply A/T tires with high pressure are softer riding than most people suspect.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Yea, I wasn't sure about the Rebel's ride until I test drove it. I think a lot of it has to do with the independent rear suspension and the coil overs vs leaf springs. Also those heavy ply A/T tires with high pressure are softer riding than most people suspect.
Cant go wrong with that!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wife's 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT rides so much rougher. Mazdas are about the sporty feel but they also feel every bump.

I can only imagine how nice these trucks ride on the 20" setup.

silver billet

Reaction score
I too came from a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The Jeep was noticeably better, it definitely felt tighter/smaller going over cracks in the road or train tracks, and going through a bend and hitting a bump in the bend didn't make the jeep go sideways. The ram has a bit of that sideways motion (but far less than the GMC I test drove), and definitely feels like the bumps "last longer", the Jeep had a quick little ding and then it was over, the ram has more "after shock".

But in terms of going for a long road trip, I do prefer the Ram still, more interior space, and bigger bumps hit less hard (though the after shock is longer still).

The_Dude

Reaction score
I agree that the Ram rides good. I think though the bounciness is from poor dampers/shocks. I wonder if Bilstein 4600s would help?

Users who are viewing this thread