5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pentastar V6--E85 Capability

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I just saw on a dealer's site when searching cars and choosing engines an option: "Pentastar eTorque Flex Fuel V6 305HP"

Does this mean that the incoming V6 have E85 ability???
That's most likely for the 2019 Classic. My understanding is that the v6 in the 4G has E85 capability, the v6 e-Torque does not.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a page from the EPA.gov website listing the fuel economy for some models of the 2019 Ram. Note that only the Classic models have the EPA ratings for e85. The 2019 all new Ram 3.6 does not list an e85 rating. The new eTorque v6 will not be e85 compatible.

Attachments

• 6A511704-4545-47E6-B5A1-59B1F06AEDF0.png
    6A511704-4545-47E6-B5A1-59B1F06AEDF0.png
    600.1 KB · Views: 3

taumaz

Reaction score
I can confirm my 2019 bighorn 3.6l etourque says NO E85 inside the fuel door.

JAGITA

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Zeronet, post: 25153, membre: 546"] Je parie que le Ram 3.6 n'acceptera pas le e85 puisqu'il reçoit le moteur Pentastar de deuxième génération iTunes Mobdro TutuApp que les véhicules susmentionnés ont déjà acquis au cours des 2 dernières années. S'ils ne veulent pas prendre e85, le Ram ne le fera pas non plus. C'est ma supposition. [/ QUOTE]
Quelqu'un peut-il confirmer si le moteur V6 du Pentastar conservera sa capacité de carburant variable (E85)? Je cherchais mais je ne trouve pas encore de confirmation de cela nulle part. C'est un élément important qui me permet d'économiser beaucoup d'argent en carburant.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Zeronet, post: 25153, membre: 546"] Je parie que le Ram 3.6 n'acceptera pas le e85 puisqu'il reçoit le moteur Pentastar de deuxième génération iTunes Mobdro TutuApp que les véhicules susmentionnés ont déjà acquis au cours des 2 dernières années. S'ils ne veulent pas prendre e85, le Ram ne le fera pas non plus. C'est ma supposition. [/ QUOTE]
Quelqu'un peut-il confirmer si le moteur V6 du Pentastar conservera sa capacité de carburant variable (E85)? Je cherchais mais je ne trouve pas encore de confirmation de cela nulle part. C'est un élément important qui me permet d'économiser beaucoup d'argent en carburant.
This was confirmed months ago. The 2019 Pentastar is not E85 compatible.

Pentarod

Reaction score
Usually the epa part on the window would show mpg for both fuels. In the case of my 19 RAM gig Horn, it doesn't. Maybe FCA ought to keep a flex fuel option open on the future rams. Maybe the rise in compression ratio to 11.3:1 is a factor or maybe E85 was causing corrosion issues FCA didn't want to deal with on warranties.

CornTrucks

Reaction score
Usually the epa part on the window would show mpg for both fuels. In the case of my 19 RAM gig Horn, it doesn't. Maybe FCA ought to keep a flex fuel option open on the future rams. Maybe the rise in compression ratio to 11.3:1 is a factor or maybe E85 was causing corrosion issues FCA didn't want to deal with on warranties.

I was under the impression that higher compression ratios were advantageous to ethanol fuel blends.

Anyways, it has become pretty obvious to me that the two reasons FCA has dropped or is dropping flex fuel capability from almost all of its vehicles is market confusion and CAFE standards. There has been enough misleading marketing deriding ethanol by now that just seeing "Flex Fuel" on an engine can turn some customers away. I'm not taking anything away from your opinion, but the fact that some people do wonder if ethanol can cause damage is a part of why they are dropping it. That, and the fact that the CAFE standards give no benefit for plant-based fuels while yielding Tesla billions for running on coal (electricity) instead.

Scrambler

Reaction score
I like saving money at the pump as well as the next guy, but I had a 17' Silverado V8 and tried the E85 multiple times. As someone mentioned, It is true that the MPG drops with E85 and after doing the calculations it was a wash. Bottom line in my experience with E85 is Less $$ at the pump but less MPG also. The psychological factor of paying less at the pump always felt good though!

geebee1954

Reaction score
I apoligize. Ethanol pros and cons are not the subject of this thread. My family farms as well and we grow corn. I'm an engineer and have read extensively on the subject. @CornTrucks perspective is appreciated and improvements ARE being made. Too bad we can't grow sugercane with it's much higher net energy gains!
They used to in Hawaii, but except for boutique products, tourist trap demo plots and the like it's a finished industry. Used to be a deal whereby Hawaii politicians backed subsidies for mainland grown ag products in return for votes for subsidies to Hawaii sugar, but that either fell apart or just couldn't help enough. Sugar imported from places like the Philippines is just too cheap. A lot of the land that used to grow sugar now gets cyclical crops of fast growing eucalyptus trees, which are chipped and burned in the power plants of the former sugar mills, which always used to contribute to the power supply of the islands anyway. They mostly burned the waste fibrous part of the cane.

Users who are viewing this thread