5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 Vs 5W20

Glenn54

Reaction score
Unable to find any Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W20 so I bought 5W30. I saw where one guy said his engine was running rough and a bit hotter with it. Anyone else running 5W30?

SpookyWatcher

Reaction score
It’s no problem at all… MDS acted normal. Press was normal and engine sounded way better. It was my buddies rebel and he changed the factory oil at 6000 mi with mobil1 5w30. It really sounded way better on the test drive. I was impressed.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s no problem at all… MDS acted normal. Press was normal and engine sounded way better. It was my buddies rebel and he changed the factory oil at 6000 mi with mobil1 5w30. It really sounded way better on the test drive. I was impressed.

That may be the Mobil 1 more than the 5w-30.
I tried PUP 5w-20 and noticed more lifter noise at startup than had with Mobil 1 5w-20. I'm going back to Mobil 1 next oil change.

OP, Napa has PUP 5w-20 for $30 five qt jug, bought one yesterday before deciding to go back to Mobil 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online