5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pennzoil Platinum (and Ultra) $22 "Gas Card".... Expires 3/14

nburd

Reaction score
Just in case anyone is doing their own change with the best (Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ) oil to keep that 500,000 mile engine warranty. I just realized there is a $22 "gas card" on 2-5 gallon jugs. I was registering my warranty paperwork, documenting the change and the rebate popped up. Even from Walmart at $24.97 per 5 quarts.... It expires 3/14!

Thanks for the correction of Rebate!

Attachments

• 1614784872621.png
    1614784872621.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, but just to clarify, it's not a rebate. You will receive a $22 Shell gift card in the mail. Maybe useful for most, but useless for me since there are no Shell stations within an hour of where I live LOL. Hopefully others here can take advantage of this deal. (y)

Zig10

Reaction score
I did it through Amazon in about 5 minutes. Needed to order some for the next oil change anyway.

We also have limited Shell stations around here, and they are typically the most expensive by a wide margin, but free gas is free gas!

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thx - is 5w-20 the recommended?
is that the best for upcoming summer and towing?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the heads-up - I was needing some oil for my Miata & Kia anyway so it was good timing! I usually use the cheap stuff in the Kia at this point, but buying this from Walmart it ended up being $48 including tax, free delivery, and a $22 gas card so 2 jugs of full synthetic for $26 is pretty decent really. Even the Super Tech full synthetic with tax is about $35-37 for 2 jugs.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Love me some free gas, thanks for the heads up (y)

5w-30 was an option for "heavy duty" use in the manual a few years ago

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5W-20 is what the owner's manual recommends for the HEMI (0W-20 for the V-6).

The owner's manual also says you can use full synthetic oil provided that it meets "oil quality requirements" which Pennnzoil does (FCA recommends Pennzoil for the HEMI).

You will find countless threads on oil for this engine (I think this engine goes back to 2011) for various reasons.

After reading a lot of stuff I decided to go with PUP 5W-20. I bumped up to 5W-30 for one oil change and didn't notice any difference so went back to the recommended weight. If I have any 'HEMI tick' problems I'll probably move to Redline 5W-20 for some more moly.

Users who are viewing this thread