5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal commander - yes or no?

Lezmark

Reaction score
I have not hit 1000 miles yet, but I am really enjoying this truck. From what I have read, reviews in different places etc., most of what I have read is quite positive. What personal experience can any of you share with me? Thanks in advance!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently it's yes AND no and I can't decide. I'm thinking pedal monster if I do it. Did you check that out?

Lezmark

Reaction score
Apparently it's yes AND no and I can't decide. I'm thinking pedal monster if I do it. Did you check that out?
I have but decided I didnt want that extra connection to the computer system

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You prefer plugging right into the pedal? I was thinking the opposite. Knew I shouldn't have skipped electrical 101. Lol

FTRO

Reaction score
I've had the Banks pedal monster for almost 3 years now on my 2020. Found the setting i like and haven't touched it since. I even have a newer phone that's not connected to it since then.
I would be so pissed, if I didn't have a throttle controller to make it tolerable to drive. It just removes most of the lag. That I hated!!!

Lezmark

Reaction score
It is so new and under warranty that I want something untraceable and easy to remove if it has to go to the dealer. Sounds like better performance with the monster tho... Maybe a couple years down the road

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have my Pedal Commander on for just over a year now and 30,000 miles with zero issues. It’s fun on one of the higher settings (Sport+4 is insane) but I settled on City+2 for everyday driving which probably is just a bit better throttle response than stock.

FTRO

Reaction score
... easy to remove if it has to go to the dealer.
Fair point. I only had to remove mine one time in my 2.4 yr 36k miles. But that was to replace the rear window for it leaking... So annoyed, but there's So many other threads discussing that.

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
I have one that was in a car I purchased. I took it out. It was too harsh no matter the setting. The 6.4l was hard to drive with it, spinning out on pavement regularly, reversing out of my gravel driveway was impossible.

For my Ram, I can anticipate the slight lag. If I really wanted better a tune gives much smoother response. Of course a tune is much more expensive but it gives response with actual power gains too.

6of36

Reaction score
There are other threads on this. I have seen a lot lately with issues. Check the existing threads.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
I've had my Pedal Commander for about 2 years with no problems so far (knock on wood, dance on one leg under a pale full moon in july after rattling chicken bones over a bon fire☘️). It does a really good job of hiding the acceleration lag.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I have the ultimate 9 and it has worked great so far no issues in about 10-12k mi. My dad has the pedal monster and that has worked fine for him as well. The lag was killing me and this definitely eliminated it and much more when I feel like it lol.

6of36

Reaction score

mynameisante

Reaction score
I had one on my previous RAM (2017 Hemi) and LOVED it. Zero issues the two years I had it...

I've looked into one for my new(er) truck, and I've read more negative feedback than positive. Not to mention, my truck spins every time I want to step on it and the throttle response is insane. Almost as if the previous owner had a PC or something and left the setting in sport when he took it out. If that's even possible

DeanM2

Reaction score
I don't have one on my Ram, but had one on my Jeep Unlimited Rubicon for many years. Here are my thoughts:
  • It was absolutely reliable. Never had any issues or stange behavior.
  • If you set it in one of the more aggresive modes, it will really negatively affect your gas mileage. It is really just the same as someone with a really heavy right foot.
  • When you are off-roading, remember to set it back to a non-aggresive mode. When you are off-roading you generally don't want a heavy right foot, you want to "feather" the throttle as you crawl over rocks and obstacles. Then set it back to your favored setting when you get back on the highway.

Users who are viewing this thread