5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peculiar problem with lighting

NewToRAM

Reaction score
Hello All. I'm new to the forum, new to FCA and a new RAM owner. I recently traded my '13 Ford F-150 FX4 for a 2019 Laramie, loaded. It has the towing package with the towing mirrors. This morning while washing it, I noticed that when spraying the two mirrors, the lights in the mirror flash, the running lights turn on as well as the bed lighting. I didn't time how long they stay on but it must be around a minute. This repeats if I spray the mirrors (either drivers or passenger). Is this some sort of odd feature or bug? I can't imagined having the vehicle out in the rain with the lights flashing on and off. Ideas?

NewToRAM

Reaction score
Whew! Thanks for the explanation. We have two GM cars with this type of key fob\proximity system but they don't react this way and it would have never occurred to me that water hitting the door handle would do this. Much appreciated!

stevier2987

Reaction score
Piggybacking of your post... does ur lights underneath your tow mirrors light up... mine dnt light up anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread