5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCV

MT755

Reaction score
What has Stelantis done with Hurricane to mitigate the intake carbon problem with direct injection? 🤔 I thought I read about a different style vent/filter but I can't find the article/thread.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What has Stelantis done with Hurricane to mitigate the intake carbon problem with direct injection? 🤔 I thought I read about a different style vent/filter but I can't find the article/thread.
I can't find any article addressing the carbon build up issues associated with GDI.

Some manufactures are bringing the fuel to the fire by two separate paths, by fitting their engines with both port (PI) and direct injection (DI).

Stellantis only mention high-pressure gasoline direct injection in the powertrain technical info.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would definitely add an oil catch can. Mine has caught about 5 ounces, in 8,000 miles. That could definitely cause carbon build up.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would definitely add an oil catch can. Mine has caught about 5 ounces, in 8,000 miles. That could definitely cause carbon build up.
Yeah, You would definitely need to add an aftermarket catch can, along with more frequent oil changes with a good synthetic oil. Probably would need to run an anti-carbon fuel additive specific for GDI engines, such as Royal Purple Max Clean or LiquiMoly DIJectron.

Users who are viewing this thread