5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM Swap Kit? What does it do?

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a new to modding any vehicle, but since getting my Ram I've become a bit obsessed with it. To be clear, not obsessed with DOING all the things, but obsessed with learning about what all I COULD do. If that makes sense. So with that in mind, I'm curious if anyone has installed and used a different PCM and how hard is it/what do you get out of it? I ran across this kit and the exact use is going over my head for some reason. I'm hoping someone can explain it like I'm 5. Does it do what the Pedal Commander does but more? or what?

Last edited:

Gumpa

Reaction score
I think this is the Superchips branded version of the Diablo T2 (along with Pulsar all owned by the same company). Just go to Diablosports.com and look at the options for your vehicle.
If you want to change the tune in a newer Ram you need to modify or replace the PCM (engine computer) with an unlocked unit. This one is where you remove your PCM, send it to them, and they unlock it and send it back along with the T2 tuner for about $730. For about $1040 you can buy another unlocked PCM with the T2 tuner instead of sending your PCM in. You have the same two options with the handheld I3 tuner also, for a little less $. If you ever want to do custom tuning you will need the Platinum versions of the tuners. Be aware that the dealer will be able to detect that you have used these even if you remove them before bringing the vehicle in, and they may refuse to honor the warranty.
The Pulsar units are not a PCM but a piggyback unit that goes between the PCM and the vehicle, not a true tuner. From what I know, the pedal Commander is also a piggyback that goes between your gas pedal and the PCM, also not a true tuner.
Good luck!

Orion10182011

Reaction score
PCM's are locked. The PCM swap is just swapping your locked one for an unlocked one. HP Tuners offers a PCM unlocking service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/