5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM swap + i3 complications

NovaKane

Reaction score
Hey folks, first time poster here but long time RAM owner.
After a terrible run with a Edge Pulsar last year I pulled the trigger on a CAI and a pcm swap with i3 tuner w/ custom tunes from Hemifever.
So I followed the instructions to the T, followed the prompts however when trying to load up a standard i3 tune whilst waiting for my custom tunes the i3 prompted me to re-install the factory pcm (which I did the first time, and got error). However the instructions mentioned nothing about connecting the factory pcm a 2nd time during the tune load phase...
I contacted Diablo sport tech support and we talked for nearly an hour, no matter which way it was tried my truck would not even crank with the unlocked pcm installed.
Move back to the factory settings and truck runs as should.

Now I am to the point where Diablo sport engineers have to do research and let me know...

Just my luck right!~

Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure on that, but what was the issue with Pulsar?

NovaKane

Reaction score
Not sure on that, but what was the issue with Pulsar?
It just kept throwing codes left and right, finally one day the truck just went into a form of limp mode and I had to take it off the truck.
It was a pre owned unit... I think that had alot to do with it.

whetrick1

Reaction score
It just kept throwing codes left and right, finally one day the truck just went into a form of limp mode and I had to take it off the truck.
It was a pre owned unit... I think that had alot to do with it.

Nope I got a brand new one and after about 2 weeks it did the same thing. Took it off and got my money back from Diablo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread