5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payload capacity

glauben

Reaction score
I'm likely to get a lot a flames here, but how can I significantly increase my payload capacity? Increased load coil springs? I know a lot of engineering goes into the numbers, but if I'm carrying 1600lbs routinely, and still want to maintain the ride quality, am I asking too much?

2019 Ram 1500 laramie 4x4, with 5.7 e-torque.

CornTrucks

Reaction score
Payload limits can be thought of in two ways: a legal limit and the actual functional limit of the vehicle. There isn’t a way to increase the legal payload. There are ways to make the pickup handle a load better, and the most common method I hear of is to add air bags to stiffen the rear suspension.

upwindstorm

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. I recently traded my Silverado ExtCab 1500 LTZ to a Laramie 1500 Crew Cab that is rated at 1310lbs payload capacity. I have installed 5k lb air lift bags on the rear and put 10 ply tires on it. was curious how much "real world" capacity that increased for me. 2 or three times a summer I throw my four wheeler in the bed, hook the camper up and throw the family in and we travel 250 miles to go camping and trail riding. wheeler plus tongue weight of camper plus occupants will be around 2,000 lbs. hopefully nothing detonates on the RAM :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread