5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pay RAM to get in line?

slatersan

Reaction score
Yes. And the $100 does NOT go twords your truck and is non-refundable once they announce the pre-order date.
They are really trying to make this truck seem even more trashy from such a trashy acting company.
It's been pretty standard practice in the EV market. Don't like it? Don't participate.

Pale Al

Reaction score
I agree. This EV market is still green on the vine. Let's all wait for the dust to settle... (ten years maybe - eh?!)

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford and GM put your $100 towards the car and it is also refundable. Rivian, Deloren, and most of the other smaller manufacturers want $1,000 commitment, that also goes towards the cost of the vehicle and is refundable. RAM is really going about this in a low-rent kind of way. Blatant money grab.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What happened to the concept? Looks like a 5th gen with an ugly front end. Think the battery will leak as much as the back window?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll pay them $100 to stop sending me updates😆

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can still get in line by ordering one when order banks open but you probably won’t’ get one the first model year. Which may or may not be a bad thing. EVs are technically progressing pretty fast. One model year might mean more range or faster charging so it’s not the end of the world. I would wait 2-3 model years on the REV personally.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can still get in line by ordering one when order banks open but you probably won’t’ get one the first model year. Which may or may not be a bad thing. EVs are technically progressing pretty fast. One model year might mean more range or faster charging so it’s not the end of the world. I would wait 2-3 model years on the REV personally.
It only gives you 2 weeks earlier for preorder. Not sure why anyone would even care. I don't understand why people are just throwing away $100 like there is nothing else to spend money on.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It only gives you 2 weeks earlier for preorder. Not sure why anyone would even care. I don't understand why people are just throwing away $100 like there is nothing else to spend money on.

Even crappier. Anyone that wants one will get one eventually. As long as you’re okay with your neighbor having one first. Some people like feeling special

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Even crappier. Anyone that wants one will get one eventually. As long as you’re okay with your neighbor having one first. Some people like feeling special
Better my neighbor getting one then me. I don't have time to stop and "charge" using a USB power bank my truck during the work day driving across states.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
make sure to read the fine print
post #3

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well, after seeing what is actually coming...the decision has been made...I'm keeping my Limited a little longer.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone hear a word for their $100 fee?
I would have thought I would have gotten at least ONE email in the 8 months since sending then my money.

Users who are viewing this thread