5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul's Rebel 12 has landed

Paulny

Reaction score
Ordered 11/5, delivered 12/14. I did a thorough inspection and just FYI for my Rebel 12 Posse, please check your rear cab sunroof drains...both of mine did not have the rubber plugs installed in the holes correctly and would have allowed water inside the cabin. Thanks to my better half for having skinny, long arms and nails so the rubber plugs could be seated correctly. Other than that, I am very pleased with the fit/finish and the Rambox lids are tight and equal gaps. Dealer gave me a killer deal on the Mopar mud flaps, so I will install tomorrow. Behold, my newest girlfriend Christine :love:

Attachments

• Ram1.jpeg
    Ram1.jpeg
    815 KB · Views: 169
  • Ram2.jpeg
    Ram2.jpeg
    704.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Ram3.jpeg
    Ram3.jpeg
    687.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Ram4.jpeg
    Ram4.jpeg
    672.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Bed.jpeg
    Bed.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 175
  • sticker.jpeg
    sticker.jpeg
    466 KB · Views: 166

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Congrats mate, looks awesome. Did you get the pieces to turn the divider into a bed extender?

Paulny

Reaction score
Congrats mate, looks awesome. Did you get the pieces to turn the divider into a bed extender?

Not yet, but I plan on buying the kit to allow for the bed extender. Shouldn’t be too expensive...hopefully.

Maple

Reaction score
Very nice looking truck - that's one of my favorite colors for the Rebel.

19Jake

Reaction score
check BOTH sunroof drain grommets on rear cab exterior to ensure they're fully seated
factory inspection paint pen marks should be visible on grommets

Last edited:

Paulny

Reaction score
factory inspection paint pen marks should be visible on grommets

Drivers side has a pen mark and was partially seated, the passenger side has no pen mark and was dangling/not seated at all. So glad I looked, and more importantly glad my girlfriend has long skinny arms and finger nails to properly seat the grommets :)

Attachments

• 6936781D-DD6D-4747-AB80-B84D90DED9D4.jpeg
    6936781D-DD6D-4747-AB80-B84D90DED9D4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 0D9EDD5C-8629-4F00-B48F-EB45FB05D5A6.jpeg
    0D9EDD5C-8629-4F00-B48F-EB45FB05D5A6.jpeg
    846.2 KB · Views: 80

Mason1217

Reaction score
Drivers side has a pen mark and was partially seated, the passenger side has no pen mark and was dangling/not seated at all. So glad I looked, and more importantly glad my girlfriend has long skinny arms and finger nails to properly seat the grommets :)
Is this only for trucks with pano roof?

bsmith144

Reaction score
How the heck did she reach them? From the bottom? I have one seated like it should be and one that is completely out.

Paulny

Reaction score
How the heck did she reach them? From the bottom? I have one seated like it should be and one that is completely out.

You have to lay on the ground directly underneath and reach up in between the cab and bed. I could reach the plug and somewhat manipulate it, but she had the advantage of skinny arms and more importantly the long nails which helps push the edges of the grommet in the small hole. Since I don't have nails, I could only manipulate part of the edge but couldn't get it all the way around for a good seal. Worst case, you could go to the dealer and have them put it on a lift to fix it. Hope this helps.

bsmith144

Reaction score
You have to lay on the ground directly underneath and reach up in between the cab and bed. I could reach the plug and somewhat manipulate it, but she had the advantage of skinny arms and more importantly the long nails which helps push the edges of the grommet in the small hole. Since I don't have nails, I could only manipulate part of the edge but couldn't get it all the way around for a good seal. Worst case, you could go to the dealer and have them put it on a lift to fix it. Hope this helps.
Thanks! The best I could could do is get it partially seated. Will be brought to attention on first oil change. Thanks for the heads up!

Thepittoo

Reaction score
What was your MSRP on it? What did u end up paying? My dealer said he couldn't order the Rebel 12 in my area. Had to add the 12" screen to it.

Paulny

Reaction score
What was your MSRP on it? What did u end up paying? My dealer said he couldn't order the Rebel 12 in my area. Had to add the 12" screen to it.

MSRP - $63540. I paid $54368 OTD. I hope the Rebel 12 ordering opens back up after the new year.

Paulny

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a good deal. How do you like the RAMBOX?

Thanks, I am happy with the deal overall. Admittedly, this is my first truck with the Rambox and I absolutely love them. The new push button release is nice, and they can still be locked. So much storage and simply multi-functional.

Users who are viewing this thread