5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PATRIOT STEALTH LT TONNEAU COVER - Anyone have any experience with this Tonneau?

speedgeek

Reaction score
Hi there!
Currently Tonneau Shopping, and I stumbled across a mention of the Stealth in another thread. From what I have seen on websites, it has mostly positive reviews, but would rather hear from someone with experience and maybe some pictures.
Mostly looking at this because of the ability to cover the bed in 1 foot increments, which I kinda like. Most of the others I have seen, have stopping points which can be deployed randomly, whereas this looks like it has some sort of ratcheting action.

I will be putting this on a 5'7 bed with no Rambox and no MFT. I did opt for the bed utility package on the build and therefore will have the "Rails" I guess that come with that.

For folks who looked at the Stealth and chose something different, what was the deciding factor against the Stealth, and what did you end up going with?

Thanks in Advance!\.
Cheers!
Darcy

speedgeek

Reaction score
So, with no responses here on this Tonneau, along with not being able to find a whole lot of information on the stealth, I elected to go with a RetraxPRO XR because of the comments from folks on this forum. I did like the idea of being able to open it without having to open the gate... as well as being able to lock it in position just about anywhere. Ordered thru BAK MX4

Cheers!
Darcy

Yankee Echo

Reaction score
Providing a link to the cover you're interested in would be helpful.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did like the idea of being able to open it without having to open the gate

I like that I CANNOT open my cover without opening the gate first.

That means that nobody else can open it, either. I lock the truck (which locks the gate) and the cover cannot be opened. And I don't have to keep up with a separate key just for the cover.

I also like that I can close my cover without opening the gate. I had the factory trifold soft cover and that required the gate to be open to open or close the cover, which sucked.

speedgeek

Reaction score
I like that I CANNOT open my cover without opening the gate first.

That means that nobody else can open it, either. I lock the truck (which locks the gate) and the cover cannot be opened. And I don't have to keep up with a separate key just for the cover.

I also like that I can close my cover without opening the gate. I had the factory trifold soft cover and that required the gate to be open to open or close the cover, which sucked.

The cover will pretty much stay on full all the time, the other cover I looked at had the tailgate locking feature. I was more drawn with the ability to use as much or as less of the cover as possible. The Stealth had that option as well with a form of ratcheting mechanism where it would click every 12 inches I think. A couple of the reviews I read complained about not being able to get the full bed covered without stopping a few times up the way. I know some of the other covers allow for mid points to be adjusted and such... I just didn't want to deal with all that. I guess time will tell if I made the right choice or not. I totally understand what you are saying...

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers!
Darcy.

Users who are viewing this thread