5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passive entry passenger side not working

Reaction score
Hi guys so I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. I have 21 Laramie. The passenger side passive entry stopped working. I replaced handle thinking it was that and still nothing. I checked the plug for power. Which the power to door is fine. So now I'm thinking it's a software issue.
Driver side still works

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi guys so I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. I have 21 Laramie. The passenger side passive entry stopped working. I replaced handle thinking it was that and still nothing. I checked the plug for power. Which the power to door is fine. So now I'm thinking it's a software issue.
Driver side still works
If nobody has the answer, contact Jimmy07, he's an electrical wizard. I could be wrong, but I recall someone replacing a handle, then his quit working, and there was something in the old handle, that he didn't swap into the new one. What ever that was, maybe that part is bad on yours, so even if you swapped into the handle, it still doesn't work.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Driver side still works
Most likely a hardware issue.
Any signs of a water-leak in the back?

"Passive entry.

Immobilizer System - RF-Hub uses a high security encryption system called Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for the Immobilizer System. The RF-Hub marries itself to the BCM and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with AES at first ignition ON in the assembly plant. Then the system marries the key fobs, RF-Hub, BCM and the PCM with unique secret keys for each vehicle. Swapping any of the married parts ARE NOT ALLOWED in the new system.

Passive Entry (PE) - The RF-Hub also uses AES for PE operation. If the Smart door handles or exterior release switches are activated, the RF-Hub signals the LF antennas. The LF antenna wakes up the key fob then sends a challenge to confirm if it is the correct key fob. Then the key fob responds back to the RF-Hub via the internal RKE antenna or the Remote Start Antenna (RSA) with the challenge response. When a valid key fob is recognized by the RF-Hub, a CAN data bus message is sent to the BCM to lock or unlock the vehicle by the RF-Hub"

passive entry.jpg

Reaction score
Most likely a hardware issue.
Any signs of a water-leak in the back?

"Passive entry.

Immobilizer System - RF-Hub uses a high security encryption system called Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) for the Immobilizer System. The RF-Hub marries itself to the BCM and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with AES at first ignition ON in the assembly plant. Then the system marries the key fobs, RF-Hub, BCM and the PCM with unique secret keys for each vehicle. Swapping any of the married parts ARE NOT ALLOWED in the new system.

Passive Entry (PE) - The RF-Hub also uses AES for PE operation. If the Smart door handles or exterior release switches are activated, the RF-Hub signals the LF antennas. The LF antenna wakes up the key fob then sends a challenge to confirm if it is the correct key fob. Then the key fob responds back to the RF-Hub via the internal RKE antenna or the Remote Start Antenna (RSA) with the challenge response. When a valid key fob is recognized by the RF-Hub, a CAN data bus message is sent to the BCM to lock or unlock the vehicle by the RF-Hub"

View attachment 180224
No signs of water leaks... Just trying to figure out what it could be before bringing to dealer to fix it and get raped cause no warranty

Users who are viewing this thread