5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passive entry doesn't unlock rear driver side door?

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have passive entry enabled which, when you grab the driver or passenger front door handle, the doors automatically unlock.
If I walk up to the locked truck on the passenger side and grab the front passenger door handle the rear door on that side unlocks too.
But when I walk up to the locked truck and grab the driver side front door handle, the rear door on that side does NOT unlock. I like to put stuff in the back seat behind me and this is very annoying to have to open the driver door and hit the 'unlock' button to get the back door open.
Is this how it is supposed to be or do I have an issue with passive entry?

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have passive entry enabled which, when you grab the driver or passenger front door handle, the doors automatically unlock.
If I walk up to the locked truck on the passenger side and grab the front passenger door handle the rear door on that side unlocks too.
But when I walk up to the locked truck and grab the driver side front door handle, the rear door on that side does NOT unlock. I like to put stuff in the back seat behind me and this is very annoying to have to open the driver door and hit the 'unlock' button to get the back door open.
Is this how it is supposed to be or do I have an issue with passive entry?
I have Passive Entry enabled and it works for both rear doors.

I believe there is a default selection in the Uconnect menu that will reset everything back to the factory settings. You might try doing that, then reconfigure your features back to where you want and see if that works to correct the issue.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 045440 miles.

Reactions: Buz

arptsprt

Reaction score
The owners manual say front door only or all doors depends on the setting in UConnect. You need to have “Unlock all doors 1st press” selected in your settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The owners manual say front door only or all doors depends on the setting in UConnect. You need to have “Unlock all doors 1st press” selected in your settings.

I believe you're referring to the Key FOB unlock button.
I'm talking about the automatic unlocking of the doors when you grab the door handle. There is no setting to control rear locks with passive entry, so I think I have a glitch.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

*EDIT*
I stand corrected! You were absolutely 100% correct.
I just changed the setting to 'Unlock all doors 1st press' and now it works.
Thank you very much!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
*EDIT*
Thank you very much!
Setting up the truck to our liking can take some time. If I could remember 1/2 of what is in the manual that would "only" be 300 pages or so.

arptsprt

Reaction score
Right on, man. Yeah I didn’t mention the same setting does both fob and EZ entry.

*EDIT*
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread