5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passive (auto) Door Lock for 2019 Longhorn?

kmj.1

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Longhorn 4x4 Crew with about everything on it. I have the passive entry auto unlock set on the uconnect but have not seen any feature to auto lock the doors when I leave the truck. I have had this feature on my vehicles for the past 5 years with other vehicles and have gotten so used to it that I commonly forget to lock the truck door when exiting it and walking away. Since it has the proximity sense to detect the FOB in range to allow auto unlock, it seems that it should only be a programming feature to tell it to auto lock aftert exiting vehicle and FOB leaving proximity of vehicle. It shouldn't be that hard. I am an EE and worked for Chrysler/Daimler Chrysler for over 10 years and am familiar with their design practices. I design the interior/exterior electronic body & cluster computers (BCM) that were on vehicles from mid 90's - mid 2000's and longer. I am baffled this is not a feature on a truck that is so feature rich and costs as much as it does and knowing how "straight forward" it should be to implement. MAybe I'm missing something, but I expected this to be on my 2019 truck. Anybody know if it exists or if its possible to add or hack it onto the truck?

TIA.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a 2019 Longhorn 4x4 Crew with about everything on it. I have the passive entry auto unlock set on the uconnect but have not seen any feature to auto lock the doors when I leave the truck. I have had this feature on my vehicles for the past 5 years with other vehicles and have gotten so used to it that I commonly forget to lock the truck door when exiting it and walking away. Since it has the proximity sense to detect the FOB in range to allow auto unlock, it seems that it should only be a programming feature to tell it to auto lock aftert exiting vehicle and FOB leaving proximity of vehicle. It shouldn't be that hard. I am an EE and worked for Chrysler/Daimler Chrysler for over 10 years and am familiar with their design practices. I design the interior/exterior electronic body & cluster computers (BCM) that were on vehicles from mid 90's - mid 2000's and longer. I am baffled this is not a feature on a truck that is so feature rich and costs as much as it does and knowing how "straight forward" it should be to implement. MAybe I'm missing something, but I expected this to be on my 2019 truck. Anybody know if it exists or if its possible to add or hack it onto the truck?

TIA.
I am longing for this feature on the Ram's also. I had it on my 2006 Mazda and 2013 Chevy, but not on any of my Ram's :( I would love to know it it is possible to program somehow.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shucks I have it on my Accord and just knew it would be on this Ram, shame on me for that...

Warrensch

Reaction score
Would sure be a nice feature, I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to get programming for. I just assumed when I picked up my 2020 Rebel it would just be a thing.... guess not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thekeithlane

Reaction score
Would sure be a nice feature, I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to get programming for. I just assumed when I picked up my 2020 Rebel it would just be a thing.... guess not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me too. I don't get it because I have to have my fob around to open the door.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread