5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger side door speaker, and dash speaker have recently stopped working

Farrand476

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 ram big horn and the speaker on the passenger side cut out on me and then came back the next day but then a few days after that I lost complete sound to those speakers I have checked just about everything I can think of from pulling the door panel off checking the speaker testing a new speaker in those same location Moving the balance and the fade to the front tooth speakers on the passenger side and I get nothing. I’m seeing things about a factory update or maybe the stock amplifier. Has anybody had this problem?

KJ6MTJ

Reaction score
I recently lost both of my driver side door speakers. Think it was due to the noise cancelation system. I was returning from Texas, pulling my RV back home to AL and noticed no more audio coming from left side. I really don't listen to my music all that loud, mainly mute it due to having my HAM and CB radios going. I replaced all six speakers (2 on dash and 4 doors) and after that and bought a wire harness that basically disconnects the four mics to the noise cancelation system. No more drone effect or hearing them damn frame vibators that help counter sounds. Easy enough to remove the door panels and highly recommend using Wolf harness adapters. each door 1/2 hour taking my time. Wish I knew about the NCS under the drivers seat earlier. Would have bought one of them bypass harness right away might have saved my speakers.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My front speakers went out and it was due to the water in the doors when it rains or when I wash the truck. Sucks

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My front speakers went out and it was due to the water in the doors when it rains or when I wash the truck. Sucks
Yeah I've never had a vehicle that let as much water past the window trim as the Rams do. Don't know why they didn't design the sweeps to fit a little more snug

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I've never had a vehicle that let as much water past the window trim as the Rams do. Don't know why they didn't design the sweeps to fit a little more snug
I’m glad it’s not just me with that problem haha yeah it’s bizarre!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m glad it’s not just me with that problem haha yeah it’s bizarre!
I wonder if there is a good aftermarket replacement out there. I haven't found one online, though I haven't committed to a thorough search, yet

LouInAL

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem with my 2019 Ram 1500. Both driver-side door speakers are completely out. I thought the driver-side dash speaker was very muted as well, but after playing around with the L-R and F-R balance a little I see that the passenger-side dash speaker doesn't put out much sound either, so I'm not really sure if the driver-side dash speaker is messed up as well or if the dash speakers just don't put out much sound by design.

In any event, since I lost two speakers at the same time I figure it has to be either wiring, a loose connector, or possibly the amp (if one side of an amp can fail).

Can someone tell me where the amplifier is located and any specific problem areas I should look for? I have an appointment at the dealership next week but they charge a $159 diagnostic fee (I guess they think they're working on airplanes or submarines) so I'm hoping it's an easy fix that I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread