5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger side dash dent \ crease?

zman9119

Reaction score
I might just be completely losing it or the cold has affected my brain, but last night I went out to make sure I had anything that might freeze (another -5 night) out of my truck and noticed a crease in the passenger side dashboard up on top while doing a quick dust wipe down. I do not remember every seeing this before and I checked with my normal front seat passenger and she does not remember every seeing this. (sorry for the crappy pictures. The cold and 30+mph winds did not help).

I feel kinda stupid asking this since I'm in this truck all the time and keep it clean, but is this normal and I just never noticed it, or is it a defect \ cold related?

Attachments

• Dash-Dent - Copy.jpg
    Dash-Dent - Copy.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 119
  • Dash-Dent-2 - Copy.jpg
    Dash-Dent-2 - Copy.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 117

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It looks like the indent for the airbag; it is usually a little thinner around that area and a line will show. It is so the airbag can break through. I'll have to look at my Laramie; but from your picture it just seems like the airbag area.

79 300

Reaction score
Dodge Challengers have the same crease from the airbag indent like Billy James said. I have a 2012 and it will look different from time to time depending on temperature and lighting.

Hebredes

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi has the same crease... So this is normal?

Users who are viewing this thread