5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger headlight not working - getting 12v power

Tonyg2781

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wanted to see if anyone here could help me out. I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn and I installed aftermarket LED bulbs about five months ago. Everything has been fine until a couple weeks back the passenger side headlight stopped working. I installed one of the OEM H11 halogen bulbs in there for the time being and it worked for the last two weeks. Then all of a sudden that halogen bulb stopped working as well.

I checked the H11 halogen bulb in the fog light socket and they work just fine. I then checked the headlight wire with my test light and I’m getting power and I put a voltmeter on it and I’m getting 12V. I plugged in one of the other LED aftermarket bulbs into the passenger headlight and it was very dimly lit. I feel that I’m not getting enough amperage pushed to that bulb even though I am getting 12V.
So I am scratching my head, any thoughts?

Did the LED bulbs cause an issue after several months? Is this possibly an issue with the BCM?

Any help would be appreciated before I have no choice but take it to the dealer.

Thanks!

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread