5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger door handle stopped working

Reaction score
Hey all does anyone have any idea where or if there's a fuse for passenger door handle. The passive entry stopped working. I'm out of warranty and trying to see if I can figure out before bring to the dealer. Thanks

Last edited:

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, if you pull on either the inner or outer door handle, and the door will not open, most likely the clip holding the rod has broken. You will have to remove the inner door panel to access this.

It will look like this.

IMG_0148.jpeg

Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more clear it's the passive entry that stopped working on the passenger side

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more clear it's the passive entry that stopped working on the passenger side
No, there isn't a fuse for passive entry. Wiring issue or bad door handle is most likely the issue.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, whole different issue. Try turning the feature off in the radio menu, then back on. If that doesn't work, try a radio reset. If those ideas don’t work, probably a trip to the stealership is in your future.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, whole different issue. Try turning the feature off in the radio menu, then back on. If that doesn't work, try a radio reset. If those ideas don’t work, probably a trip to the stealership is in your future.
Radio has nothing to do with it, so a radio reset won't fix anything.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Radio has nothing to do with it, so a radio reset won't fix anything.

Just a shot. My horn honk for locking the doors stops working sometimes. I turn the feature off in the radio menu, then back on and it fixes it. But I have the 12” radio.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried that and no luck with reset and even got a new handle and still same issue. Do you think it could be the door module?

Could be. Maybe the remote battery is getting weak? Doesn‘t make sense that it would only affect one side though. Might be something cheap to try.

Rock Crawler

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With these new vehicles having so many electronics and them being so sensitive, it could be almost anything. I just read online that one guy had to have the door wire harness replaced, another said door module, another said door handle. So, no telling. Unfortunately, sometimes we either just live with issues or accept the gut punch and go to the stealership.

I had a 2006 Ram 2500 CTD and the A/C would turn off, the heater would turn on, and the fan would adjust to the highest setting when I simply removed a small piece of static cling tinted film from the windshield. It was the strangest thing. There were certain times of the year when I had to drive home with the sun directly in my eyes and too low for the visor. I had to toss up the static cling tint just to see. Vehicle electronics are just so damn sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/