5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passenger cargo light not working

campnowhere

Reaction score
I noticed just my passenger cargo light is not working, my driver side cargo light and 3rd brake light work just fine however.

I figured it was the bulb so I replaced it but that did not work. I did not notice any water in the housing that could be responsible and the wires looked fine from what I could tell although I did not think to look at the actual connection so see if it was corroded.

I’d prefer not to waste time at a dealer if possible so I was just seeing if anyone had any insight as to why just the passenger cargo light wouldn’t be working and what I could do to track the issue down.

Thanks!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a thought, did you try replacing with LED? If so try flipping the bulb in the socket because polarity matters on led bulbs. If it's not the bulb must be wire or bulb socket. The wires go to one socket then run to the other side. Could be bad connection try having someone apply the brakes while wiggling the wires on each side.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a thought, did you try replacing with LED? If so try flipping the bulb in the socket because polarity matters on led bulbs. If it's not the bulb must be wire or bulb socket. The wires go to one socket then run to the other side. Could be bad connection try having someone apply the brakes while wiggling the wires on each side.
He's trying to fix his Cargo light, not the brake light.
First, I would check for voltage on the light, no voltage means wiring problem. Voltage on the socket means LED problem.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He's trying to fix his Cargo light, not the brake light.
First, I would check for voltage on the light, no voltage means wiring problem. Voltage on the socket means LED problem.
Thx for the correction, my info still holds true. He just dosent need someone to step on brake😁.

Users who are viewing this thread