5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passanger Door Rattle

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 warlock edition with 15000kms on it. Since new the door intermittently rattles only on the front passenger side. Weird part is if I turn the truck off and back on it will go away. I took it to the dealership where they said the rattle couldn't be reproduced, bring it back if it happens. I can't even listen to news talk radio without it rattling not even any music or bass. Another day I bring it back as its rattling, stupidly turned the truck off and went Inside to get the service to take a look. We go our and I turn the truck on but the rattle is gone so I apologize and leave. Next day same thing rattling away, week later I take it back, don't turn the truck off and get the service manager to take a listen. He pulls up on the panel and the noise is much lower but still there and he says to me this isn't a warranty item. I can go personally pull the panel and buy a dynomat product to apply around the clips that hold the panel on to take up the space and create a wedge. Now why am I doing this when my truck has full warranty and it's obviously deficient. Has anyone found a fix or had this problem as I am not going back to out 'friendly/useless' dealership not even for an oil change anymore. I'll drive the 3 hrs and go to another city for a Ram dealership. Makes me think something in the door is malfunctioning or out of place because passenger window also goes up about half way and then you can hear the straight or like someone is pushing on down on the WI dow. It's getting jammed a bit almost and you can hear the resistance. In the winter I have to personally pull up on the window to assist it up or it won't go up but again the dealership says they can't reproduce it
I'm dealing with incompetent people here because you can hear and see this. So I'm not sure if that is also playing into the door rattle but I'm fed up!! Please Help if possible

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
There's quite a few things in the door panel that can be causing your issue. Only way you'll figure it out is to pull the door panel off and inspect for loose items. One of my clips to hold wires wasn't installed when I pulled off my panels to do the speakers. I just do it myself, dealerships have never been very good at addressing rattling issues arou d here in my experience...

U

User_3336

Same problem as this . . .?

Reaction score
There's quite a few things in the door panel that can be causing your issue. Only way you'll figure it out is to pull the door panel off and inspect for loose items. One of my clips to hold wires wasn't installed when I pulled off my panels to do the speakers. I just do it myself, dealerships have never been very good at addressing rattling issues arou d here in my experience...
I would pull the panel off but am afraid with my window regulator issue they're going to void any further warranty for me pissing with it. It would be nice if the dealership would take the steps to at the very minimum do an Inspection and pull the panel considering there's 2 years of full warranty left.

Reaction score
Same problem as this . . .?

Exactly like this my man. Lower door like the speaker is rattling even on talk radio. At least your dealership took the time to pull the panel. I can't even get that much out of them .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/