5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parts shortage... When will it end?

Is is the downstream or upstream NOX sensor? There are some reports of pinched wiring for the rear sensor wiring.
I don’t actually know which one, I never expected it to take this long so I haven’t went under and checked things out myself.

I’m kind of surprised I haven’t gotten the dreaded countdown to limp mode yet, but it’s still trucking along. When the part was ordered there were 19 trucks listed as VOR (vehicle off road) for the same part, before Christmas there were still 17.

Worst part is no remote start, and I’m about to move up north 1500km away from the dealer who ordered the part. If it’s not in before I move I was told I can try a dealer to dealer transfer, and if they won’t do it I’ll have to get back in line. Temps have already hit -40 up there and I’m not happy about no remote start.

Contacting customer care tomorrow to see what is going on, and I’ve already been in touch with CAMVAP (Canadas lemon law) in regards to this.
Glad you are able to drive it

Edit: I’ll definitely be checking that rear sensor wiring.

Glad you are able to drive it

Edit: I’ll definitely be checking that rear sensor wiring.
Contacted customer care Canada and was told that only one of these sensors exist across all dealerships in North America. Won’t know for a day or two if they can help me.

New eta for the part is the end of April, atleast there is an eta now.

I am also going to check over the wiring and see if I can find anything out of place once this rain stops.

Contacted customer care Canada and was told that only one of these sensors exist across all dealerships in North America. Won’t know for a day or two if they can help me.

New eta for the part is the end of April, atleast there is an eta now.

I am also going to check over the wiring and see if I can find anything out of place once this rain stops.
I'm still waiting since beginning of January for a nox sensor probably same one. They keep telling me a new eta every time I call. Also I can't find one, even a used one for sale, would be better off deleting it...idk

I'm still waiting since beginning of January for a nox sensor probably same one. They keep telling me a new eta every time I call. Also I can't find one, even a used one for sale, would be better off deleting it...idk
Also my trucks in limp mode, can't even drive it

Forgot to update this thread, after contacting FCA Canada customer care they located the part and had it at my local dealer within 3 business days. Truck has since been repaired and is issue free.
Wow that was quick, I'm now waiting to see if it comes in tomorrow since I contacted corporate...fingers crossed

Ordered a Yukon XL in Nov of 21'. Dealer got allotment for the SLT and options I had in June of 22'. Was built in August. Been waiting for parts, chips or shipping from Texas to the Midwest since then. No ETA. Dealer has no idea. Said he has a 1500 Silverado built in May of 22' ... still waiting on it... no idea why. GM and Ford are WAY WAY worse than Stellantis.

Welp 41 days at dealer , still waiting
Now it's March 2nd 2023 still at the dealer , stellantis corporate customer service is horrible ! No communication, they never get back to me. They said nothing they can do the dealer is independent and can't make then comp anything. Complained at BBB. I would never buy a new ram again based on a warranty , I bought the part myself that the dealer couldn't get, f them, I'll do it myself not waiting months for them anymore . All over this part number 68460215ab

Now it's March 2nd 2023 still at the dealer , stellantis corporate customer service is horrible ! No communication, they never get back to me. They said nothing they can do the dealer is independent and can't make then comp anything. Complained at BBB. I would never buy a new ram again based on a warranty , I bought the part myself that the dealer couldn't get, f them, I'll do it myself not waiting months for them anymore . All over this part number 68460215ab
you found that part some where? I will say by the looks of things there are ZERO orders for VOR(vehicle off road the highest order level) and only 3 orders for SH(special handling). Your dealer sucks.

Parts: the inventory exists...on the trucks parked in the dealer lots.

I would start lemon-lawing the hell out of any long-term delay. The dealership can, for example, remove a NOx sensor from any one of their inventory vehicles and then take it up with corporate to repair it.

Parts: the inventory exists...on the trucks parked in the dealer lots.

I would start lemon-lawing the hell out of any long-term delay. The dealership can, for example, remove a NOx sensor from any one of their inventory vehicles and then take it up with corporate to repair it.
You assume they have a 3.0 ecodiesel truck on their lot. Of the 35 1500s on our lot, none are 3.0 ecodiesel. This is mostly a dealer issue, they have been building this truck and parts are available through different channels if it is pushed by the dealer and their rep.

You assume they have a 3.0 ecodiesel truck on their lot. Of the 35 1500s on our lot, none are 3.0 ecodiesel. This is mostly a dealer issue, they have been building this truck and parts are available through different channels if it is pushed by the dealer and their rep.
True…but are NOx sensors different? Or any of the other parts that have been complained about due to availability?

I usually think of Canada as a third world country when it comes to getting things that go to the North American market, we are usually last and anything good is for a limited time only.

I waited 4 months before contacting FCA Canada customer care, at first they could not provide an eta as there weren’t any parts and there were many VOR ahead of me. But only a day or two later I got a call saying they got the part and I could get booked in to have it fixed. Where this part came from I have no idea, but so far so good for my truck.

you found that part some where? I will say by the looks of things there are ZERO orders for VOR(vehicle off road the highest order level) and only 3 orders for SH(special handling). Your dealer sucks.
I agree the dealer sucks, I think because I didn't buy it from them they arnt making any money off me and don't care, neither does corporate, because they will not get back to me

I agree the dealer sucks, I think because I didn't buy it from them they arnt making any money off me and don't care, neither does corporate, because they will not get back to me
Also when they did order it they said they were 277 ish in line to get the part because it was restricted, back in January

Also when they did order it they said they were 277 ish in line to get the part because it was restricted, back in January
Well short story. I got truck back finally around the 7th of March 2023, they still didn't fix my heated steering wheel , but they put the nox sensor in... so it's March 28th, and now I'm waiting for a clockspring, which I doubt is the issue..but its free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back