5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

part # for toggle switch groups?

jaychris

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid newbie question, but this is my first Ram and experience with FCA. It's been Ford's all the way down until now. :)

On my last truck, I was able to wire a rear facing trailer light to one of the free toggle switches in the dash. My Ram has the toggle switch group with blanks in two of the spots (maybe for the air ride that I don't have?). Is there a part # (or where do I look for a part #) to replace the blanks with toggle switches that I can wire accessories, like a rear light, too?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Nothing available that would do what you're describing. I know with ford you just had to buy the switches, but the rams switches are part of a module and unfortunately you can't add them to wire in your own accessories. Looks like you'll just have to mount an aftermarket switch panel somewhere, or you could go the wireless route.

geotex1

Reaction score
Nothing available that would do what you're describing. I know with ford you just had to buy the switches, but the rams switches are part of a module and unfortunately you can't add them to wire in your own accessories. Looks like you'll just have to mount an aftermarket switch panel somewhere, or you could go the wireless route.

This is a huge miss from the 4th gen where you could buy the upfitter switches and away you went with accessories. I'm looking at this myself and the only clean install is to use the Homelink with a radio controlled switch box. Talk about stepping back a decade in invisible installs! The truck is too modern for typical aftermarket options.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
This is a huge miss from the 4th gen where you could buy the upfitter switches and away you went with accessories. I'm looking at this myself and the only clean install is to use the Homelink with a radio controlled switch box. Talk about stepping back a decade in invisible installs! The truck is too modern for typical aftermarket options.
Completely agree, which is why I suggested wireless even though it usually sucks and losing the controller is very easy. Alternatively you could use a relay connected to your reverse lights so it will come on automatically.

jaychris

Reaction score
I suppose I could go old(-ish) school and drill/fit a switch, but... man, I was hoping for something cleaner. Thanks for the info :)

Users who are viewing this thread